• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan ATG Team - Open Voting

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Wouldn't it be better to do number 6 last, once the make-up of the bowling attack is known?
Yeah, weird to choose #6 now IMO. We should pick the four bowlers, keeper and the openers first.. Imran will definitely get picked as one of the bowlers, then we can ask people to choose their 11th player - that could either be another bowler to send Imran up to 6 or another batsman to send him down to 7. That'd give better more control over what they were actually voting for IMO.

Anyway, Mushtaq Mohammed if we're going to do it like this.
That's why I proposed the format that I did, but the spoil sports ruined it. :@

Teja.

Global Moderator
Here are the votes so far;

Mohammed Yousuf = 8
Mushtaq Mohammed = 7
I'll always take a viable 5th bowler if there's one available, so Mushtaq Mohammed at 6... bearing in mind that these sides will be playing the other ATG sides in theory, some of which have pretty good batting line-ups! I think if you have a Steve Waugh / Wally Hammond type in your top order then you can get away with selecting four out-and-out bowlers as these guys can bowl 10-12 overs a day to reduce the workload on the main bowlers. When the best bowler around among the batsmen is likely to be Javed or Younis Khan, then I think you'll get found out.
MoYo

Imran not good enough to be a no.6 imo
I've changed my mind, Mushtaq Mohammed at 6
With Apo changing his mind, It's on 9-9 by my count.

Last edited:

watson

Banned
With Apo changing his mind, It's on 9-9 by my count.
Yes I agree, the tally gives 9 votes each to Mohammad Yousuf and Mushtaq Mohammad.

Since it will be difficult separating these two players it seems logical to move onto the bowlers and have a re-vote later for the No.6 spot. Otherwise we could be waiting another entire day for a conclusive result.

Therefore, having listened to what people are telling me;

Please select a TRIO of bowlers. That is, 2 opening bowlers and a first change bowler;

Imran Khan
Wasim Akram
Waqar Younis
Sarfraz Nawaz
Fazal Mahmood
Shoaib Akhtar
etc

Fusion

Global Moderator
Obvious picks.

Mohammad Sami
Umer Gul
Aqib Javed

Or Imran, Wasim, Waqar.

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Imran-Wasim-Waqar

Arguably the best fast-bowling three-card-trick available to any country in this exercise, and the biggest single reason this Pakistani team will back itself to be competitive against anyone.

I know it hasn't been going for long, but I reckon we can call this.

smash84

The Tiger King
Imran-Wasim-Waqar

Arguably the best fast-bowling three-card-trick available to any country in this exercise, and the biggest single reason this Pakistani team will back itself to be competitive against anyone.

I know it hasn't been going for long, but I reckon we can call this.
yeah.....pretty much agree with this.

Those 3 at their peaks were just phenomenal. Could do anything with the ball. Arguably the most versatile trio of them all.

Satyanash89

Banned
No brainer this one

Imran
Wasim
Waqar

what a trio... one of the main reasons why i wish the partition had never happened... would have been some team :(