• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan ATG Team - Open Voting

Fusion

Global Moderator
In a Pakistan ATG team, the batting needs to be strengthened due to the fact that our greatest keepers were weak batsmen. Imran should come in at 7. I think 4 bowlers are fine for the team considering the talent we have to chose from. Therefore, I want to pick a genuine batsmen at 6 to bolster the batting as much as possible.

Yousaf at 6.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Pakistan's best four bowlers are, by some distance: Imran, Waqar, Wasim and Fazal. The distance between Fazal and Saqlain/Qadir is rather substantial and considerably bigger than the difference between either of them and Mushtaq Mohammad. He was also a massive underrated gun with the bat with a high century/test match rate and I honestly think he'd be an amazing fit as a lead spinner/fifth bowler considering Fazal was also a medium pacer who could take on a considerable workload.

Jager

International Debutant
Yeah always like the idea of having a medium-ish type bowler in an attack, especially one of such brilliant skill like Fazal.

Mike5181

International Captain
Pakistan's best four bowlers are, by some distance: Imran, Waqar, Wasim and Fazal. The distance between Fazal and Saqlain/Qadir is rather substantial and considerably bigger than the difference between either of them and Mushtaq Mohammad. He was also a massive underrated gun with the bat with a high century/test match rate and I honestly think he'd be an amazing fit as a lead spinner/fifth bowler considering Fazal was also a medium pacer who could take on a considerable workload.
Is Fazal really better, by some distance, than Shoiab Ahktar?

Fusion

Global Moderator
Yeah I was about to post the same. I think I would pick Fazal over him, but there's not a considerable distance between them. In fact, a valid argument can be made that Akhtar was better. He may have been a ****, but on song he was a terrific ****.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Yeah I was about to post the same. I think I would pick Fazal over him, but there's not a considerable distance between them. In fact, a valid argument can be made that Akhtar was better. He may have been a ****, but on song he was a terrific ****.
1. Akthar was an awe-inspring bowler between 2000 - 2007, no doubt but there's something to be said about a basic amount of reliability. On Paper, India had a bowler who averaged in the low twenties between 2010-2011 in Zaheer. In practice though, we all know he did not play as many matches as he did play. I feel the same way about Shoaib. Fazal's superior longevity and reliability shine him through, IMO.

2. In the context of this team, you have Waqar/Imran who are express 'impact' bowlers too but undeniably superior ones. Then, we have Fazal who is renowned to be a marathon, workhorse bowler with a completely different skill set to any of the three 'lock bowlers. I think Fazal has it comfortably tbh, considering we need a fourth bowler who can get through a substantial amount of overs.

or Mohammad Asif.
Asif, on talent and quality of performance is up there but his reliability and longevity is really not in the same galaxy of Fazal, in my opinion. To substantiate with an example, It'd be like saying Shane Bond was a better bowler than Shaun Pollock.

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Mohommad Yousuf at 6

15 man squad:

Saeed
Hanif
Younis
Inzy
Miandad
MoYo
Mushtaq