• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan ATG Team - Open Voting

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think picking 4 bowlers could be a bit of a mistake in this circumstances though, particularly if the spinner isn't that awesome and the lack of good part-time options.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Yeah, can't see that batting line up troubling all-time great attacks. Awesome bowling attack though.
having an attack of Wasim, Waqar, Imran and Fazal in their prime means all they need to do is get 300 and they will always stay in the game.

And Pakistan bowling has always done it despite never producing an elite batsman Pakistan still has the 3rd best win/loss ratio among all sides.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
A really good side, and one that galvanised under Imran's leadership will be a major force to be reckoned with. The pace attack is obviously the star attraction - that quartet could go toe-to-toe with even the West Indian foursome and hold its own. They'll have to do the bulk of the work of course because unlike most other teams selected so far, Pakistan's fifth bowler is good without being great.

The batting has real quality and considerable strength in depth, though it's fair to say that at this level it's a class or two below Australia, England and the West Indies, and the Indian team still to come.

But that pace attack is ***y as hell... :wub:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
which team has a great 5th bowler though?
Australia (Miller) and England (Botham) certainly, and I'd say South Africa too with Faulkner. You could argue a case for West Indies if Sobers was bowling fast, but as he's been picked essentially as the lead spinner it's not really applicable.

EDIT - or what Cribb said.

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
Pakistan's best four bowlers are, by some distance: Imran, Waqar, Wasim and Fazal. The distance between Fazal and Saqlain/Qadir is rather substantial and considerably bigger than the difference between either of them and Mushtaq Mohammad. He was also a massive underrated gun with the bat with a high century/test match rate and I honestly think he'd be an amazing fit as a lead spinner/fifth bowler considering Fazal was also a medium pacer who could take on a considerable workload.
Gun that it panned out this way. :happy:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Faulkner is massively over rated as a bowler again getting only in overly favorable conditions. I would say that he is on par with Mohammad. Plus they are both fifth bowlers meaning they will not be relied apon to bowl out the opposition. Additionally Botham struggled againts the best team of his era, so unsure how he will fare againts ATG lineups.
Finally even though England, Aus and S.A. to some may have the better fifth bowler they had to weaken the top six to do so, though Gilchrist does give cover for Miller. As far as the W.I. is concerned Sobers is not the lead spinner but will bowl what is required at the time and on raging turners Gibbs can always come in for Garner, similarily how Aus migh prefer Davidson over O'Reilly on a.swinging or fast pitch.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricketweb Pakistan All Time XI
Hanif Mohammad
Saeed Anwar
Younis Khan
Javed Miandad
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Mushtaq Mohammad
Imran Khan *
Rashid Latif +
Wasim Akram
Fazal Mahmood
Waqar Younis

Mohammad Yousuf
Saqlain Mushtaq

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricketweb Australia All Time XI
Victor Trumper
Arthur Morris
Sir Donald Bradman *
Greg Chappell
Allan Border
Keith Miller
Adam Gilchrist +
Shane Warne
Denis Lille
Bill O'Reilly
Glenn Mcgrath

Ricky Ponting
Allan Davidson

Cricketweb West Indies All Time XI
Gordon Greenidge
Sir Conrad Hunte
George Headley *
Sir I.V.A. Richards
Brian Lara
Sir Garfield Sobers
Sir Clyde Walcott +
Malcolm Marshall
Michael Holding
Curtly Ambrose
Joel Garner

Frank Worrell
Lance Gibbs

Cricketweb England All Time XI
Sir Jack Hobbs
Sir Len Hutton *
Wally Hammond
Ken Barrington
Denis Compton
Sir Ian Botham
Allan Knott +
Jim Laker
Harold Larwood
Fred Trueman
Syd Barnes

Hedley Verity
Kevin Pietersen

Cricketweb South Africa All Time XI
Barry Richards
Graeme Smith *
Jacques Kallis
Graeme Pollock
Dudley Nourse
Aubrey Faulkner
Mike Procter
John Waite +
Dale Steyn
Hugh Tayfield
Allan Donald

Shaun Pollock
Herbie Taylor

Cricketweb Pakistan All Time XI
Hanif Mohammad
Saeed Anwar
Younis Khan
Javed Miandad
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Mushtaq Mohammad
Imran Khan *
Rashid Latif +
Wasim Akram
Fazal Mahmood
Waqar Younis

Mohammad Yousuf
Saqlain Mushtaq

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
on raging turners Gibbs can always come in for Garner, similarily how Aus migh prefer Davidson over O'Reilly on a.swinging or fast pitch.
I thought the whole idea of this series is that it's one team supposed to fit all scenarios?

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
All truely great team

Best batting lineups: W.I, Aus, Eng
Best bowling attack: Aus, W.I, Pak
Best cordon: Aus, W.I, S.A

Xuhaib

International Coach
could imagine Pakpassion all time Pakistan XI would look like this.

Imran Nazir
Saeed Anwar
Inzi
Miandad
Umer Akmal
Shahid Afridi
Imran Khan
Moin Khan
Wasim Akram
Shoaib Akhtar
Mohd Sami

smash84

The Tiger King
could imagine Pakpassion all time Pakistan XI would look like this.

Imran Nazir
Saeed Anwar
Inzi
Miandad
Umer Akmal
Shahid Afridi
Imran Khan
Moin Khan
Wasim Akram
Shoaib Akhtar
Mohd Sami
tbf that might even be the Pakpassion AT World XI

L Trumper

State Regular
All truely great team

Best batting lineups: W.I, Aus, Eng
Best bowling attack: Aus, W.I, Pak
Best cordon: Aus, W.I, S.A
I couldn't quite understand the logic behind Knott, Hammond, Botham not being part of the best slip cordon.

Is batting line up is in order of strength? Because as good as WI batting is, Bradman tilts it in favor of AUS.