• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If YOU were Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar....(It's Tough Being Him)

masterblaster

International Captain
If YOU were Sachin, how would you cope with the mental burden of a billion people on your shoulders?

If YOU were Sachin, how would you feel driving around Mumbai at 3:00 am? since your passion is driving, yet you can't drive around the city during the day.

If YOU were Sachin, how would you feel your intensity, and your calibre and your form being Questioned every time you made a low score?

If YOU were Sachin, how would you feel being told that even your most supreme best wasn't nearly good enough?

If YOU were Sachin, how would you tell yourself that a form slump happens to everyone?

If YOU were Sachin, how would you feel listening to a hopeless batsman like Ian Healy teaching you where to plant your back foot while playing a trademark Tendulkar drive?

I just want to see what people's answers are.

Answer honestly,

Its tough being Sachin Tendulkar.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'll swap :)

"Simple" answers are to never read newspapers/websites or listen to criticism. Takes a huge amount of mental strength.

And if I was him in the last case (oh, Healy's far from hopeless, by the way), Healy would have got a barrage of f-words.

Having batted like a crippled ferret for eight years forgive me for not having too much sympathy :)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
If I were Sachin, I would have lots of fire extinguishers - metaphorically speaking.

Yes, I think that answers all of the questions.

amits

Banned
guys, dont criticise sachin. he is classic.

he rose on to the occasion and has top scored in the world cup and the tvs cup in odis. all he needs is a confident knock and not a 150 ball 50 like he did against nz.

1 confident knock and v will c the usual free flowing sachin.

go sachin. 1 more than a billion ppl cheer for u. dont let them down.

bennyr

U19 12th Man
amits said:
guys, dont criticise sachin. he is classic.

go sachin. 1 more than a billion ppl cheer for u. dont let them down.
Amits, I think this gets to the exact point that this thread is trying to make - there is a hell of a lot of pressure on the great Sachin Tendulkar, because there is the pressure of one billion people resting on his shoulders.

From my perspective, if I was Sachin i would move to Norway, where instead of having the pressure of one billion people expecting me to succeed, I would have Samuel expecting me to succeed. I firmly believe that SRT handles the expectations of his country with amazing humility and calmness.

Craig

World Traveller
And he takes up football as a side sport he will have people from Norway expecting him to do well.

What really gets up my nerve is that if he doesnt score a ton for say a couple of innings his form is questioned. When Hayden scored that 380 there werre banners up saying 'Tendulkar 381, or Tendulkar 400'.

Jonny Wilkinson and Brian Lara go through a similar thing.

bennyr

U19 12th Man
Similar adulation drove Sir Donald Bradman into becoming a recluse and prompted his son to change his surname.

And to his death, Sir Donald was still getting most of his substantial fan mail from India, such is the fanaticism of the subcontinent.

So to Sachin Tendulkar I say:

Feel no pressure. I will not complain if you fail consistantly on your current tour of Australia.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
If YOU were Sachin, how would you cope with your excellent financial state?

:P :saint:

Langeveldt

Soutie
If I were Sachin I would leave Mumbai and move to South Africa, where and in a few years I would be propping up that middle order behind Jacques Kallis...

I remember one quote, dont know who by
"The time to start worrying is when they stop asking for your autograph"

Sachin should be greatful for his audience, because one day they will be raving over someone else...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Richard said:
Still, he does have Gayle, Chanderpaul and Sarwan.
Until last year, Chanderpaul struggled to score hundreds. Sarwan has really only come into his own since the Sri Lanka tour. Gayle still hasn't reached his full potential. Basically, the Lara fail=team fail equation lasted for the better part of a decade and yet Lara maintained an average of 50.

It's a fact that the Indian batting lineup is stronger than the West Indies lineup, and that's not just due Sachin.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
masterblaster said:
If YOU were Sachin, how would you feel driving around Mumbai at 3:00 am? since your passion is driving, yet you can't drive around the city during the day.

What ever happened to tinted windows, a cap and sunglasses? (Oh, and not putting "Sachin" on his plates)

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Tendulkar earns enough money and has enough priveleges -- stop feeling sorry or sympathetic towards him.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There are some who deserve more sympathy than SRT but that's not to say he deserves none.

Craig

World Traveller
I find it remarkable to be able to score the runs he has with every single person in India on his back.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
For me it just goes to show that the really good players simply shut-out everything once they get into that "zone" (in Tendulkar's case at the crease).
They aren't worried by outside forces.