Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If YOU were Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar....(It's Tough Being Him)

International Vice-Captain Linda's Avatar
    Originally posted by masterblaster
    [B]If YOU were Sachin, how would you feel driving around Mumbai at 3:00 am? since your passion is driving, yet you can't drive around the city during the day.[B]
    What ever happened to tinted windows, a cap and sunglasses? (Oh, and not putting "Sachin" on his plates)

"I know I underperformed but after the past 18 months I thought I might have received more than four Test matches' grace."
    - DR Martyn.

"Is there any way to make it longer?"
    Peter English on Twenty20

Official Face of the v. hip 'Twenty20 Is Boring Society'

International Debutant Salamuddin's Avatar
    Tendulkar earns enough money and has enough priveleges -- stop feeling sorry or sympathetic towards him.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    There are some who deserve more sympathy than SRT but that's not to say he deserves none.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

I find it remarkable to be able to score the runs he has with every single person in India on his back.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    For me it just goes to show that the really good players simply shut-out everything once they get into that "zone" (in Tendulkar's case at the crease).
    They aren't worried by outside forces.

Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    And Lara doesn't have Dravid, Ganguly and Laxman.
    All the 3 in the list , never helped to reduce the hope of millions in India,over Sachin. Being an Indian, I never belive that India may win a game if Sachin fails and if at all somebody else is saving the game(like Dravid & laxman did twice), it is a matter of luck only. So, let any quality batsman come after Sachin, it is never going to take off the hope over Sachin... we want him to be in the middle even if he doesn't score run.(this is not applicable to any other batsman in the team).I won't be happy if Sachin fails and India wins , but will be happy if Sachin scores...no matter whether India wins or not.
    So sachin cannot be pressure- free untill he retires(no dravid,no laxman, no sourav...can help)
    the real cricket-fan

Originally posted by CDAK
    All the 3 in the list , never helped to reduce the hope of millions in India,over Sachin. Being an Indian, I never belive that India may win a game if Sachin fails and if at all somebody else is saving the game(like Dravid & laxman did twice), it is a matter of luck only. So, let any quality batsman come after Sachin, it is never going to take off the hope over Sachin... we want him to be in the middle even if he doesn't score run.(this is not applicable to any other batsman in the team).I won't be happy if Sachin fails and India wins , but will be happy if Sachin scores...no matter whether India wins or not.
    So sachin cannot be pressure- free untill he retires(no dravid,no laxman, no sourav...can help)
    I think Amit will present the same view as mine on this and especially on the highlighted one

Yes Reddy, I know it is question of patriotism.
    But I'm more worried about sachin's cricket heights rather than his team's win or loss.(cricket is a game only). Obviously I may not support India's bad performance in Cricket just for being a patriot.

Amit , sure, will not like this, I know...but I can't help.

Originally posted by CDAK
    support for the whole team is more important than support for a particular player. to me it means the same if sachin hits a 100 or laxman hits a 100.

v indians should support all players almost equally without showing bias to any player, but still v should support players of our own state or region more. like i should support sehwag, chopra and nehra. vishnu should support laxman, etc.

i feel happy even if sachin goes out for a duck and india wins, but i wouldnt feel happy if sachin hits a 100 and india loses. u cant be too biased towards any player.

i am happy if the whole indian team wins, not when a particular player hits 100.

Originally posted by amits
    support for the whole team is more important than support for a particular player. to me it means the same if sachin hits a 100 or laxman hits a 100............................................... .................................................. ....i am happy if the whole indian team wins, not when a particular player hits 100.
    Amit , it is purely my personal view. Some sort mental attachment to sachin is there.( He is one yr younger to me.I can say he is role my model.The philosopher in him is really a big guide in my life. His performance and stability in character at the age of 16, inspired me and I followed his way of learning and correcting mistakes and there are a lot... ) So when sachin fails , I feel I'm lost somewhere and when he flourishes, i feel more confident. For me, better individuals form better country and so try to concentrate on individual performance.This is my policy.
    (Sachin is not from my State).

I really dont think i need to answer. *points to his username*
    liveyalifenikhilsway@hotmail.com -MSN

Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Hello and welcome back
    Rain has stopped and palyers are back in the middle
    Play is about to stop

If YOU were Sachin, how would you feel listening to a hopeless batsman like Ian Healy teaching you where to plant your back foot while playing a trademark Tendulkar drive?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information