• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If YOU were Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar....(It's Tough Being Him)

CDAK

U19 Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
And Lara doesn't have Dravid, Ganguly and Laxman.
All the 3 in the list , never helped to reduce the hope of millions in India,over Sachin. Being an Indian, I never belive that India may win a game if Sachin fails and if at all somebody else is saving the game(like Dravid & laxman did twice), it is a matter of luck only. So, let any quality batsman come after Sachin, it is never going to take off the hope over Sachin... we want him to be in the middle even if he doesn't score run.(this is not applicable to any other batsman in the team).I won't be happy if Sachin fails and India wins , but will be happy if Sachin scores...no matter whether India wins or not.
So sachin cannot be pressure- free untill he retires(no dravid,no laxman, no sourav...can help)

V Reddy

International Debutant
CDAK said:
All the 3 in the list , never helped to reduce the hope of millions in India,over Sachin. Being an Indian, I never belive that India may win a game if Sachin fails and if at all somebody else is saving the game(like Dravid & laxman did twice), it is a matter of luck only. So, let any quality batsman come after Sachin, it is never going to take off the hope over Sachin... we want him to be in the middle even if he doesn't score run.(this is not applicable to any other batsman in the team).I won't be happy if Sachin fails and India wins , but will be happy if Sachin scores...no matter whether India wins or not.
So sachin cannot be pressure- free untill he retires(no dravid,no laxman, no sourav...can help)
I think Amit will present the same view as mine on this and especially on the highlighted one :D ;)

CDAK

U19 Debutant
Yes Reddy, I know it is question of patriotism.
But I'm more worried about sachin's cricket heights rather than his team's win or loss.(cricket is a game only). Obviously I may not support India's bad performance in Cricket just for being a patriot.

Amit , sure, will not like this, I know...but I can't help.

amits

Banned
CDAK said:
support for the whole team is more important than support for a particular player. to me it means the same if sachin hits a 100 or laxman hits a 100.

v indians should support all players almost equally without showing bias to any player, but still v should support players of our own state or region more. like i should support sehwag, chopra and nehra. vishnu should support laxman, etc.

i feel happy even if sachin goes out for a duck and india wins, but i wouldnt feel happy if sachin hits a 100 and india loses. u cant be too biased towards any player.

i am happy if the whole indian team wins, not when a particular player hits 100.

CDAK

U19 Debutant
amits said:
support for the whole team is more important than support for a particular player. to me it means the same if sachin hits a 100 or laxman hits a 100.....................................................................................................i am happy if the whole indian team wins, not when a particular player hits 100.
Amit , it is purely my personal view. Some sort mental attachment to sachin is there.( He is one yr younger to me.I can say he is role my model.The philosopher in him is really a big guide in my life. His performance and stability in character at the age of 16, inspired me and I followed his way of learning and correcting mistakes and there are a lot... ) So when sachin fails , I feel I'm lost somewhere and when he flourishes, i feel more confident. For me, better individuals form better country and so try to concentrate on individual performance.This is my policy.
(Sachin is not from my State).

NikhilN

International Regular
If YOU were Sachin, how would you feel listening to a hopeless batsman like Ian Healy teaching you where to plant your back foot while playing a trademark Tendulkar drive?
:lol: :lol: