• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top 7 Spinners

Xuhaib

International Coach
yeah and this was only a season after Warne had been destroyed by Sachin and Co. Was a genuine big 3 during that time period along with Warne and Murali.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Ajmal/Swann
Monty
Hareth

Don't know about the rest except that Tahir is right at the bottom. :p

I think Ajmal needs to prove that he is good enough to be at the top for the series in RSA. Abdul Rahman had one good series against England which doesn't mean anything much at the moment.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ajmal
Swann
Herath
Panesar
Lyon
Shakib
Rehman

Odd that all the good spinners these days are offies.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Interesting to note no Saffers are even deemed worthy of consideration yet they're the clear #1 test side.

Just sayin'...

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
if i had to rate my top 7, i'd go with the following ratings- (10 = warne, murali level)

1) Ajmal 7.25 /10

2) Swann 6.5 /10

3) Monty 6 /10

4) Herath 5.99 /10

5) Rehman 5.5 /10

6) Shakib 4.5 /10

7) Ojha 4.49 /10

*based on recent form (according to my observation)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Half of these clowns are easy to defend in most situations.

Ajmal and Swann and the best spinners as they can take wickets from no where. Herath is a champ, Rehman is a perfect foil for Ajmal (as would Ojha be if he bowled with Ajmal). is classy and Monty is a genuine threat these days.

My top 7 (why 7 btw) is:
1 Ajmal
2 Swann
3 Herath
4 Rehman
5 Shakib
6 Panesar
7 Ojha

The last 3 order is difficult. Ashwin is ok but he is lucky since he CAN BAT

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I think some folks have been a little harsh on Narine, yes he was poor in Bangladesh but at home to NZ he was brilliant, as a young player he's gonna have ups and downs but if he keeps performing at home for now then i'll take that, as eventually it's bound to click away too.

And my top seven would be..

Ajmal
Swann
Hereth
Ojha
Monty
Narine
Rehman

Our lad Permaul bowled well in Bangladesh so hopefully he can throw his name into the discussion in the future.

TNT

Banned
I think some folks have been a little harsh on Narine, yes he was poor in Bangladesh but at home to NZ he was brilliant, as a young player he's gonna have ups and downs but if he keeps performing at home for now then i'll take that, as eventually it's bound to click away too.

And my top seven would be..

Ajmal
Swann
Hereth
Ojha
Monty
Narine
Rehman

Our lad Permaul bowled well in Bangladesh so hopefully he can throw his name into the discussion in the future.
Narine has only taken 15 wicets @ 48 in the last twelve months ans compare that to

Ashwin 41 @ 37
Luon 34 @ 36
Rehman 25 @ 22
Randv 22 @ 32

Its not people being harsh on him but you being very generous.

Not as bad as those that have put Shakib in the mix when he has returned 6 @ 52.

smash84

The Tiger King
Rehman WAG.

I do wonder though how Ajmal and Rehman will fare on the South African tour where the pitches won't be quite as conducive to spin bowling

Satyanash89

Banned
Rehman WAG.

I do wonder though how Ajmal and Rehman will fare on the South African tour where the pitches won't be quite as conducive to spin bowling
Actually some SA pitches do have help for the spinners... overseas spinners in recent times like herath and harby have generally had a good time

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I have not seen any other spinner in the world put as many revs on the ball as him. Moreover, he consistently tosses it up regardless of being hit for a 6 or two
Must have not seen Abdul Rehman then. Gets the ball spinning a yard ar 95-100k.