• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top 7 Spinners

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, before Warne our last great spinner was Benaud ffs.
Can't you now see why we like Swann so much?

Underwood was before my time so I grew up watching ****ing Emburey, Edmonds, Tufnell, Croft and Giles. Swann is leagues above them.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't you now see why we like Swann so much?

Underwood was before my time so I grew up watching ****ing Emburey, Edmonds, Tufnell, Croft and Giles. Swann is leagues above them.

That's like saying 'we like Uvelocity because he's a better poster than Jono'

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
given the initial post gave no mention of which formats i assume centurymaker means over all formats. In that case Ajmal is a clear no.1, followed by swann as clear no.2. Both good performers over all 3 formats- which can't be said of any of the other bowlers imo.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
1. Ajmal
2. Swann
3. Herath
4. Panesar
5. Shakib
6. Rehman
7. Ojha
8. Gazi
9. Lyon
10. Ashwin

Tests, obvs. Narine to climb those rankings with some more 5 day cricket behind him.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
given the initial post gave no mention of which formats i assume centurymaker means over all formats. In that case Ajmal is a clear no.1, followed by swann as clear no.2. Both good performers over all 3 formats- which can't be said of any of the other bowlers imo.
sorry test cricket

Xuhaib

International Coach
don't think Ajmal is a clear number one unless he has atleast one good series outside Asia and Windies.I will go for Swann due to more well rounded record atm.

Swann
Ajmal
Hearth
Rehman
Monty
Shakib
Ojha

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Swann/Ajmal are around the same for me.

Herath would be next best, and then any of Ojha, Narine, Panesar, Rehman, lyon, Ashwin

Shakib has done **** all with the ball for a while now unfortunately, dropped down my order

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Only one other overseas spinner in 35 years has taken 20 wickets in a series in India (Saqlain Mushtaq) so he must have something about him. Or are you saying India can't play spin?
Tbf, that won't be many completed 4 test series in India and Mushtaq took them in 3 IIRC.