• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where will the test sides be ranked in 4 years?

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Srinath during his early years was probably as fast as Bond. There were no speedguns those days, but Umesh and Aaron don't look as fast.
Srinath's pace was probably underrated but there is no doubt in my mind that Aaron is the fastest bowler that India has ever produced.
And I think Yadav is pretty close to Srinath's pace.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Kapil. Zaheer was for a couple of years.

Think Yadav has the potential to get up there, but he needs to be fully fit and he's too expensive to be a proper spearhead.
Yadav's strike rate is genuinely world class - 48 balls per wicket. If he can cut out leaking that boundary ball every over, I think he could be a pretty decent weapon.

Truth is he's been pretty badly handled by India - cannot believe that he did not play a test on their tours of NZL, SA or England.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yadav's strike rate is genuinely world class - 48 balls per wicket. If he can cut out leaking that boundary ball every over, I think he could be a pretty decent weapon.

Truth is he's been pretty badly handled by India - cannot believe that he did not play a test on their tours of NZL, SA or England.
Injured for the first two.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Srinath's pace was probably underrated but there is no doubt in my mind that Aaron is the fastest bowler that India has ever produced.
And I think Yadav is pretty close to Srinath's pace.
Nissar might've been faster.