• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who can stop South Africa?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Looking at their record over the last four years or so it's quite frightening to be honest, only one series defeat in the last 21 test series!! :-O , and now they are on a ten series unbeaten run, they already beat England away, just beat Australia away and India have regressed aswell so who really is gonna stop them over the next few years? honestly if this continues our record of 29 test series without defeat might be under serious threat!! :blink: , the last hope just might be Pakistan in sub-continent conditions i think.

MrPrez

International Debutant
We'll probably be beaten by NZ tbh. It's the South African way - beat the big teams, lose to the smaller ones.

smash84

The Tiger King
Pakistan are going to SA in February.

Will probably get thrashed there.

The last time SA came to UAE the pitches were so flat it wasn't even funny.

The series ended 0-0.

I don't know when SA are going to again come to the UAE though

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I may have said India have regressed but in all honesty SA don't have a Swann or Monty so would that even the playing field in Indian conditions? or would SA's pace attack still be too much for this new Indian batting order?

MrPrez

International Debutant
I don't even know what ghambiring is.

But yeah it'll even it a bit but we should still at least draw, Steyn and Morkel will cause hassles for the indians on any track.

jan

State Vice-Captain
Its South Africa who is most likely to stop South Africa. As a fan Im glad they play so well but I wonder how long shall their success last. It sems no side can be truly dominant for long time these days.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I would back England as the most likely tbh.

It's a shame that the series between the two in England took place when it did for 2 reasons - all the sporting focus in the UK was on the Olympics so the series wasn't as high profile as it should have been, and there were one or two issues within the England camp that IMO affected the team's performance.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Next time we go to SAfrica most likely I reckon Aussies still lacking in quality batsmen who aren't called Michael.

Howe_zat

Audio File
The one or two issues didn't really come out until the third Test, and we got owned in the first.

Agree with you that it didn't receive the billing it deserved

MrPrez

International Debutant
It's definitely far fetched for a SAer to predict their side will choke, isn't it smali.

Yas

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Am backing Pakistan to win a test when they visit SA, then get beaten to a pulp in the rest of the tour.....

SA obviously streets ahead of Pak but I can see the Pak bowlers having a gun session or two and winning a test off their own back.

SeamUp

International Coach
We drew with them last time we played iirc.
You're speaking the biggest load of tosh in this thread Prez. NZL didn't draw with us.

Our sub-continent play has been pretty good for a while now. The best from outside the sub-continent.

Quite clearly the English team is the next best but we don't play them for a long time.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SA will have to replace Kallis sooner or later, that will hurt them massively. I don't think that SA have as much depth as England but they do have more top stars than us and a better first choice side though we have about 10 spinners better than they do.