Cricket Player Manager
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 205

Thread: Who can stop South Africa?

  1. #46
    School Boy/Girl Captain sonnench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Exactly, the depth can't be that great if they were picking in Australia a couple of specialist bats averaging mid 30's in Rudolph and Duminy. Not like they can argue that they are only just starting out and will improve.
    Righto, it's not like we saw any of our replacement batsmen come in and do anything useful.....

  2. #47
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Swimming in the cry water of Antarctica
    Posts
    29,345
    And who comes through instead then?

    We haven't seen enough of Taylor, Elgar, Rossouw, Stokes etc at the top level to say who has the best depth yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

  3. #48
    England still found serviceable replacements at short notice - Compton, Bairstow, Root etc.

    You can't judge their depth by picking out the duffers. Every team has those. South Africa currently have Rudolph and Elgar in their Test squad for New Zealand.
    World Scrabble Champion 2014. National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:


    MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

  4. #49
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Swimming in the cry water of Antarctica
    Posts
    29,345
    Elgar has played one test on the one pitch in the world he was always ****ed on and Rudolph is easily better than some of the batsmen England have wheeled out. Finally dropping Bopara, Morgan and Patel doesn't absolve England of the fact they played them very recently and those guys are still most definitely on the fringes.


  5. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Elgar has played one test on the one pitch in the world he was always ****ed on and Rudolph is easily better than some of the batsmen England have wheeled out. Finally dropping Bopara, Morgan and Patel doesn't absolve England of the fact they played them and those guys are still most definitely on the fringes.
    Rudolph is 31 and has played near 50 Tests and averages 35.

    They know he's ****e but he's still playing. Nobody knows why England picked that useless sack of ****e Bopara, and persevered with Morgan - but they young guys who they thought would come good. Rudolph isn't, he's there to make up the numbers.

  6. #51
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    42,373
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Exactly, the depth can't be that great if they were picking in Australia a couple of specialist bats averaging mid 30's in Rudolph and Duminy. Not like they can argue that they are only just starting out and will improve.
    You're incredible. Talk like England's batting depth is like Australia's in the 90s. Ridiculous premise behind your condescension of SA's depth.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

    "Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

    #408. Sixty three not out forever.

  7. #52
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    22,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    England still found serviceable replacements at short notice - Compton, Bairstow, Root etc.

    .
    and that was despite the fact that cricinfo made sure that some of the best English players were kept out of the side
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

    Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

  8. #53
    International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    12,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    You're incredible. Talk like England's batting depth is like Australia's in the 90s. Ridiculous premise behind your condescension of SA's depth.
    I'm not saying ours is but they are making out like they have a team like the great Aussie one, just saying it isn't makes me out as the bad guy. Stick to bumming Lyon anyway, better than Swann GAGF

  9. #54
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Swimming in the cry water of Antarctica
    Posts
    29,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Rudolph isn't, he's there to make up the numbers.
    So was Bopara.

    But you're right of course - SA don't even have the excuse of a media conspiracy for Rudolph's inclusion.

  10. #55
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,157
    Didn't England play Taylor for a few matches? Looked a park cricketer. Kid using his Dad's kit.

    Saffers will be fine.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  11. #56
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Swimming in the cry water of Antarctica
    Posts
    29,345
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    and that was despite the fact that cricinfo made sure that some of the best English players were kept out of the side
    son of **** i wanted that joke

  12. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    So was Bopara.

    But you're right of course - SA don't even have the excuse of a media conspiracy for Rudolph's inclusion.
    Everyone except the selectors knew Bopara was ****e, everyone including the selectors know Rudolph is ****e. That's the difference.

  13. #58
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    22,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    son of **** i wanted that joke
    at least you could have put a oaf

  14. #59
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    42,373
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    I'm not saying ours is but they are making out like they have a team like the great Aussie one, just saying it isn't makes me out as the bad guy. Stick to bumming Lyon anyway, better than Swann GAGF
    Bull****. All this hubris because you won in India. South Africa destroyed England at home six months ago. Get some perspective ffs.

  15. #60
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Swimming in the cry water of Antarctica
    Posts
    29,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Everyone except the selectors knew Bopara was ****e, everyone including the selectors know Rudolph is ****e. That's the difference.
    Been attending SA selection meetings have you?

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Group A - South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France
    By James in forum 2010 Football World Cup - South Africa
    Replies: 322
    Last Post: 24-06-2010, 06:48 AM
  2. India v South Africa Tests
    By James in forum Fantasy Cricket
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •