3 13.64%
  • No

19 86.36%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sachin Tendulkar

sli
    Cricket Spectator

Sachin Tendulkar

Was that his last test match i hope not i would like the guy to have his last test series in England 2014, it would be a great way to retire for him and all us fans

Tournaments Won: 1
    It wasn't. They'll make sure he gets a last match that everyone knows about and therefore fills the stadium.
    @CowsCorner - 202 followers and counting!

Disclaimer: I am a biased South African. Anything I say is likely to have something in it that ultimately favours the Proteas.

Don't worry mate he will retire after ozzie's visit India
    Love You India

U19 Cricketer
    Of course it wasn't.

On one hand I kind of feel sorry for Sachin regarding the criticism he has been receiving; everybody goes through form slumps including him, and as (arguably) the best batsman since Bradman he deserves a bit of patience from the selectors and the cricketing community. I'm sure if he keeps playing he will score another ton.

That being said, it's been a great career but all good things must end. The selectors will never drop him, not only because he sells tickets but because of the public backlash. It is basically up to him to call it quits at the right time. If he can play on til the next World cup and hold his place in the team via weight of runs then power to him. To hang around otherwise would be very selfish.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    I thought Ponting crapped on his record towards the end but Tendulkar is just as bad. Right now, minnows removed, Tendulkar averages 51.50 - about 0.4 runs more than Ponting.
    ★★★★★

Banned
    Certainly hope not. Dont care if he deserves to be dropped or not... strange, i think its best for the team that he retires.. but i dont think im ready for a non-sachin indian team. Its just way too huge... Dravid, VVS and now Sachin... i know ill cry

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    I thought Ponting crapped on his record towards the end but Tendulkar is just as bad. Right now, minnows removed, Tendulkar averages 51.50 - about 0.4 runs more than Ponting.
    Have to laugh when people use that to judge Tendy/Ponting... average of 51 against top sides after playing for 2 decades, after playing numerous great attacks in the 90s like they did is stunning.
    Pontings slump lasted almost 3 n 1/2 years though, thats the problem... hope tendulkar doesnt stick around that long

Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    Pretty sure you're the same bloke who said Ponting went too early.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyanash89 View Post
    Have to laugh when people use that to judge Tendy/Ponting... average of 51 against top sides after playing for 2 decades, after playing numerous great attacks in the 90s like they did is stunning.
    Pontings slump lasted almost 3 n 1/2 years though, thats the problem... hope tendulkar doesnt stick around that long
    True, but it shows that someone like Viv who was barely over 50 and never played the minnow of his time (SL) actually has a very good record (its often criticised for not being higher), despite also having a bad trough towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Pretty sure you're the same bloke who said Ponting went too early.
    I don't get it, what does that have to do with this?

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    actually the real slump started in 2010 ashes series...before that he had only been declining as a bastman.

hoping that tendulkar also fails in the upcoming ODIs so that the liability realizes he should retire immediately. he's clearly well well past it.
    I'd rather have laxman playing for india again than tendulkar playing another match tbh.
    coz he'd surely do better.
    he's still getting big tons in ranji.
    Proud Supporter of All Blacks

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Wont be his last, he will wait until a decent display and then jack it in,

My vote was "no" from the viewpoint of "it should be but it won't be".
    Boult to Mathews, OUT, Caught at second slip! It was a length ball going across Angelo, who tried to hit it hard towards the leg side and got an outside edge that flew fast towards Guptill, who took a reflex catch in front of his face

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    This is disgusting behaviour, posting such drivel in Sachin's retirement thread

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    This is disgusting behaviour, posting such drivel in Sachin's retirement thread
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

He will regain form, one final comeback, will deliver sucker punch and retire on high. He will retire in 2014 from Tests after touring SA and NZ, will play 2015 ODI WC and retire from all forms of Cricket in Australia. He still has 3 Test and 5 ODI centuries in him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information