3 13.64%
  • No

19 86.36%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sachin Tendulkar

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    He should but he won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    He should but he won't.
    Absolutely no say of ours when he should retire. What should happen is for him to be dropped if he's not good enough.

Honestly hope he plays on for as long as he wants. It's not his responsibility and he doesn't deserve to have to end his own career just because the selectors don't have any guts.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    he deserves to end his career because the selectors have no guts
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Absolutely no say of ours when he should retire. What should happen is for him to be dropped if he's not good enough.

Honestly hope he plays on for as long as he wants. It's not his responsibility and he doesn't deserve to have to end his own career just because the selectors don't have any guts.
    In principle I agree. With Sachin though, you have to wonder whether he has a certain duty to do the right thing given the public uproar that would seemingly greet him being dropped. I dunno.

Aside from that, as I said in another thread, is there someone who will come in and be a better option? Again, I don't follow Indian cricket enough to know but if him being replaced wont improve the side then my first point is irrelevant anyway.

I cringed reading a stack of people saying Paul McCartney should retire because he clearly still loves performing. If nobody wanted to watch him then he's have no audience to perform to anyway. I mean its a bit different because I saw Macca live a year ago and it was absolutely exceptional, but the point for me is that if someone loves doing something then why would they choose to jack it in? If others decide you're no longer good enough then so be it but if you're wanted and you want to do it, why stop?

All I'd say is that if the selectors do decide its time, they should ask him if he'll come out and say it's his decision. That would be a satisfactory way of getting around what I said in my first paragraph, but I don't know how feasible it is, all in all.
    Phillip Hughes 1988-2014

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    In principle I agree. With Sachin though, you have to wonder whether he has a certain duty to do the right thing given the public uproar that would seemingly greet him being dropped. I dunno.

Aside from that, as I said in another thread, is there someone who will come in and be a better option? Again, I don't follow Indian cricket enough to know but if him being replaced wont improve the side then my first point is irrelevant anyway.

I cringed reading a stack of people saying Paul McCartney should retire because he clearly still loves performing. If nobody wanted to watch him then he's have no audience to perform to anyway. I mean its a bit different because I saw Macca live a year ago and it was absolutely exceptional, but the point for me is that if someone loves doing something then why would they choose to jack it in? If others decide you're no longer good enough then so be it but if you're wanted and you want to do it, why stop?

All I'd say is that if the selectors do decide its time, they should ask him if he'll come out and say it's his decision. That would be a satisfactory way of getting around what I said in my first paragraph, but I don't know how feasible it is, all in all.
    Macca should have retired a long time ago, he's embarrassing to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post

Oh, I agree. I meant he should be dropped. But he won't. So he 'should' retire because he is hurting the team but obviously I'm sure he thinks he is good enough and figuring that out is not his responsibility. All he can do is make himself available and it's up to the selectors. Players can't be expected to select and drop themselves - that's why we have a selection committee.

I think this should be his last test. But most likely he'll bid adios in the Australian series.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

If I was a selector, I'd call him up and ask him when he plans to retire. If the answer is anything other than 'now', or at the absolute worst, 'the next series', I would tell him that it needs to be one of those answers because he will not be selected for any more Tests at this point unless he goes back to Ranji and earns his spot again.

Quote Originally Posted by MW1304 View Post
    Macca should have retired a long time ago, he's embarrassing to watch.
    70 years old and he plays for three hours with the audience in his palm the whole time and doesn't even stop for a drink. Ridiculous to suggest its embarrassing tbf

Naaa naaa naaa na na na naaa...na na na naaa...**** off.

Not my favourite Macca song but being there for that is unreal

Sachin McCartney should definitely retire now though, he's lost it. Should play us out with Band On The Run in his last Test.

Now I'm confused.

Laxman is spelt like Lennon if you ignore the middle of both words.

Coincidence????????

sli
    Cricket Spectator
    he should retire after England test series what you guys think

U19 Cricketer
    Another interesting point which has been touched on here is that it is really not Sachin's job to decide whether he deserves his place in the team or not. There is a panel of selectors (I assume) who get paid to decide who makes the team. If they don't have the balls to drop him and he decides to play on til he dies of old age and his average drops below 30 then power to him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information