Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: India Post Mortem Thread

Simon Champion!

India Post Mortem Thread

Basically, after 4-0 4-0 and now this defeat at home after a long while, surely the water has gone above the nose and some serious introspection is needed.

What changes will you make to the side in general ? And also surely some structural changes to the domestic setup for tests is warranted now ?

Firstly, i'll begin by saying i'd sack Dhoni and Fletcher both. Dhoni is done as a test captain now and Fletcher has added zilch to the team. Yesterday morning session perfectly summed up the planning at the moment.

Then Sachin should probably call it a day, if not before then after the Australia series. (There i said it for the first time ever ). It pained me to watch him during this series and many young batsman are waiting in the wings.

The 2 openers have been **** and inconsistent for a while, and also their attitude hasn't been great particularly Sehwag's. Would drop them both to send a message.

In terms of bowling there are really not many options at the moment. Need Yadav and PK back fit, and Zaheer firing though he maybe past it.

Ashwin though has done with the bat might have to go too, as he is still too blunt against good batting lineups. Though that's probably a 50-50.

Simon Champion!
    And yeah, BCCI sort out the FC domestic structure. It's still a poor standard overall.

Aakash Chopra put in some good suggestions, but they rejected it.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Not only do they need a few team changes they also need to tell the players and administrators to shut up in the press about boasting they are going to get revenge or only lost because of green tops. Makes them look even worse than they already did when they lose at home.

I'll leave the rest of the discussion to you Indian fans but it will be a sad day when Sachin retires.

Leave plenty of juice in wickets for Ranji matches - enable batsmen to learn how to bat in difficult conditions and encourage young fast bowlers to keep bowling fast.
    Oh for a strong arm and a walking stick

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    If Sachin doesn't retire before the Australian series, he should be dropped. He does not deserve any more Test matches. Sehwag should be gone. Gambhir too. Dhoni should be the first. Get rid of Ashin and Sharma as well.

Start fresh with the condition that you can't be a ****ty fielder or be completely out of shape and expect to get a Test cap, regardless of your other skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post

I'll leave the rest of the discussion to you Indian fans but it will be a sad day when Sachin retires.
    Nah, it will be a great day since he's been **** for 8 months. Plus we won't have to see him struggle again.

There should be no mercy in the post mortem thread.
    vent and vent
    Last edited by centurymaker; 17-12-2012 at 02:40 AM.
    Proud Supporter of All Blacks

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    I will also miss Sachin but its painful to watch the great man struggle like this. I would honestly rather he wasn't playing.
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

Sachim should retire maybe Zaheer too. Phase out Sehwag and Gambhir keep Dhoni as a transition skipper with Kohli getting the gig in couple of years time.

yeah watchin Sachin like this is sad. Its like when watching your dear one struggle through pain with a fatal illness you wish they die so that they don't suffer anymore pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    yeah watchin Sachin like this is sad. Its like when watching your dear one struggle through pain with a fatal illness you wish they die so that they don't suffer anymore pain.
    Wow.

Watching a loved one suffer and die is like watching an outstanding sportsman decline? Perspective, FFS.
    Member of the Twenty20 is Boring Society

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    C'mon Man U.
    RIP Craigos

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by centurymaker View Post
    Nah, it will be a great day since he's been **** for 8 months. Plus we won't have to see him struggle again.

There should be no mercy in the post mortem thread.
    vent and vent
    Perfect for centurymaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    Sachim should retire maybe Zaheer too. Phase out Sehwag and Gambhir keep Dhoni as a transition skipper with Kohli getting the gig in couple of years time.
    Dhoni is done as skipper, imo. No fresh ideas, tired planning and just seems exhausted mentally, even if he is unflustered.

And can't really give it to Gambhir/Sehwag either on current form, so will have to throw Kohli into the deep end with a new youngish team.

On a sidenote, one positive of giving Kohli captaincy would be people won't have to search for reasons to hate the Indian captain and make them up. He'll provide them plenty anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sean View Post
    Wow.

Watching a loved one suffer and die is like watching an outstanding sportsman decline? Perspective, FFS.
    haha...ofcourse not.

Meant to say the feeling is similar if the magnitude of sadness for two events is not.

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    yea advocating Kohli for captaincy.

Simon Champion!
    Btw, what are the thoughts on Ashwin ?

He's batted well, but bowling has been ****. One option could be to drop him for a more attacking bowler if we are going with 4 bowlers, and another is sticking with Jadeja at 7 with him 8 or a similar combo with Irfan Pathan instead of Jadeja.

50/50 on him, more than others.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    **** him off

can bat tho
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information