• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India Post Mortem Thread

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Basically, after 4-0 4-0 and now this defeat at home after a long while, surely the water has gone above the nose and some serious introspection is needed.

What changes will you make to the side in general ? And also surely some structural changes to the domestic setup for tests is warranted now ?

Firstly, i'll begin by saying i'd sack Dhoni and Fletcher both. Dhoni is done as a test captain now and Fletcher has added zilch to the team. Yesterday morning session perfectly summed up the planning at the moment.

Then Sachin should probably call it a day, if not before then after the Australia series. (There i said it for the first time ever :( ). It pained me to watch him during this series and many young batsman are waiting in the wings.

The 2 openers have been **** and inconsistent for a while, and also their attitude hasn't been great particularly Sehwag's. Would drop them both to send a message.

In terms of bowling there are really not many options at the moment. Need Yadav and PK back fit, and Zaheer firing though he maybe past it.

Ashwin though has done with the bat might have to go too, as he is still too blunt against good batting lineups. Though that's probably a 50-50.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
And yeah, BCCI sort out the FC domestic structure. It's still a poor standard overall.

Aakash Chopra put in some good suggestions, but they rejected it.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not only do they need a few team changes they also need to tell the players and administrators to shut up in the press about boasting they are going to get revenge or only lost because of green tops. Makes them look even worse than they already did when they lose at home.

I'll leave the rest of the discussion to you Indian fans but it will be a sad day when Sachin retires.

Jager

International Debutant
Leave plenty of juice in wickets for Ranji matches - enable batsmen to learn how to bat in difficult conditions and encourage young fast bowlers to keep bowling fast.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If Sachin doesn't retire before the Australian series, he should be dropped. He does not deserve any more Test matches. Sehwag should be gone. Gambhir too. Dhoni should be the first. Get rid of Ashin and Sharma as well.

Start fresh with the condition that you can't be a ****ty fielder or be completely out of shape and expect to get a Test cap, regardless of your other skills.

centurymaker

International Captain
I'll leave the rest of the discussion to you Indian fans but it will be a sad day when Sachin retires.
Nah, it will be a great day since he's been **** for 8 months. Plus we won't have to see him struggle again.

There should be no mercy in the post mortem thread.
vent and vent :twisted::twisted:

Last edited:

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I will also miss Sachin but its painful to watch the great man struggle like this. I would honestly rather he wasn't playing.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Sachim should retire maybe Zaheer too. Phase out Sehwag and Gambhir keep Dhoni as a transition skipper with Kohli getting the gig in couple of years time.

Xuhaib

International Coach
yeah watchin Sachin like this is sad. Its like when watching your dear one struggle through pain with a fatal illness you wish they die so that they don't suffer anymore pain.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah watchin Sachin like this is sad. Its like when watching your dear one struggle through pain with a fatal illness you wish they die so that they don't suffer anymore pain.
Wow.

Watching a loved one suffer and die is like watching an outstanding sportsman decline? Perspective, FFS.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, it will be a great day since he's been **** for 8 months. Plus we won't have to see him struggle again.

There should be no mercy in the post mortem thread.
vent and vent :twisted::twisted:
Perfect for centurymaker. :p

Sachim should retire maybe Zaheer too. Phase out Sehwag and Gambhir keep Dhoni as a transition skipper with Kohli getting the gig in couple of years time.
Dhoni is done as skipper, imo. No fresh ideas, tired planning and just seems exhausted mentally, even if he is unflustered.

And can't really give it to Gambhir/Sehwag either on current form, so will have to throw Kohli into the deep end with a new youngish team.

On a sidenote, one positive of giving Kohli captaincy would be people won't have to search for reasons to hate the Indian captain and make them up. He'll provide them plenty anyways. :p

Xuhaib

International Coach
Wow.

Watching a loved one suffer and die is like watching an outstanding sportsman decline? Perspective, FFS.
haha...ofcourse not.

Meant to say the feeling is similar if the magnitude of sadness for two events is not.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Btw, what are the thoughts on Ashwin ?

He's batted well, but bowling has been ****. One option could be to drop him for a more attacking bowler if we are going with 4 bowlers, and another is sticking with Jadeja at 7 with him 8 or a similar combo with Irfan Pathan instead of Jadeja.

50/50 on him, more than others.

centurymaker

International Captain
I would stick with him for 1 or 2 more games. If he fails to improve as a bowler in that time, then he has to go sadly. Having said that, if they played him as an all-rounder at 6/7 then I'd keep him till the end of the next series and then reassess.

Jadeja should be given at least 2 more games too, if not the whole series to show what he is capable of.

I'd go with jadeja at 6/7 and ashwin at 7/8 depending on the wicket keeper's position

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Everyone has plenty of opinions; however what will actually change?

Next Test I expect Chawla out and Yadav in. No further forced moves.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

They already dropped Zaheer, so they're willing to do some drastic things.

I really think Dhoni's captaincy could be at risk.

centurymaker

International Captain

good point. :laugh:

yeah chawla out 100% certain

not sure about the others.

my drop list - in the following order-

1) chawla
2) gambhir
3) tendulkar
4) dhoni
5) sehwag
6) ishant
7) ashwin

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, the media was baying for his head along with Sachin's even before this test.

Amarnath's disclosure's of Srinivasan's veto was another jolt.

Plus, one of the 2 openers at least will be gone.