Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: India Post Mortem Thread

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    It appears that the diagnosis of death is irretrievably wedded to the fact that India were completely owned. This post mortem is over.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    If you guys want to see some real change, then arrange a Test series at home against Pak. After getting whitewashed your board will sack he whole team automatically.

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    If you guys want to see some real change, then arrange a Test series at home against Pak. After getting whitewashed your board will sack he whole team automatically.
    maybe they should've had this series right after the WC instead of the england tour.

Proud Supporter of All Blacks

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    @Cevno

Yes but that was a period of poor performances for what, 2 weeks. This is a period of 18 months.

I understand the importance of the WC, but bull**** saying that this isn't even close to as bad.

Point still stands. That attitude will result in India never being #1 in test cricket again. Period.

They aren't going to **** out another Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman combo with a Zaheer and Sehwag in form.
    It doesn't matter if it was 2 weeks. It's the World Cup and it's the same across different sports. Look at Football where a team can lose 1 match and be knocked out, after qualifying top of the group and still see a whole country want the heads.

Really depends on what exactly was the question, but don't think he's trying to hide the faults by saying that or living in denial. For the players that period after the world cup must have been hell, due to the anger of the fans after the build up and if so he was asked to compare the 2 in terms of that, then obv he'll say the WC was worse. And that is what likely the question was this series vs the WC exit.

Nah **** that, I don't care what the question was. By saying "its not even close to 2007" all it is doing is telling the world that they aren't too bothered and not giving off the impression that they are doing all they can to fix this, and showing the urgency of the situation. Its the wrong statement.

He should have said "yeah man this ****ing sucks, we're hurting here but we're trying and we intend to rebuild. There have been some tough moments in my career, such as the 2007 WC loss, and we were hurting then but we were able to recover after that. We will try and recover after this low moment too, and I want to stay on as captain and lead the team back."

That would have been a way to answer that. Not "yeah but this ain't as bad as the 2007 WC so its not that bad. I wasn't captain then by the way, Rahul was. Rahul sucks, he was worse then me, yeahhhhhhhhhh suck it Rahul"

Ftr I know Dhoni wasn't blaming Rahul, I just felt like defaming him.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    @Cevno

Yes but that was a period of poor performances for what, 2 weeks. This is a period of 18 months.

I understand the importance of the WC, but bull**** saying that this isn't even close to as bad.

Point still stands. That attitude will result in India never being #1 in test cricket again. Period.

They aren't going to **** out another Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman combo with a Zaheer and Sehwag in form.
    Yes I know he shouldn't have said it but I'm just saying it's the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

International Debutant Cruxdude's Avatar
    Regardless of his struggle would be very sad if he is not given a farewell series. But if he is retiring after the Aussie series we will be throwing in a youngster on an overseas tour. Hope he gets a farewell match at least.

Do not see the selectors dropping Sehwag and Gambhir despite their overall ****ty attitude. They showed some fight at different times and think that will save their ass unless the selectors show some massive balls. Would ideally have both out of the team. One for his lackadaisical attitude and other for being a selfish git.

I seriously believe relieving Dhoni of captaincy can have a big positive effect on him. Seems to suffer from siege mentality and taking the pressure off can possibly bring out the best in him.

Rohit and Rahane need to get a look in soon. I can see Sachin retiring mid-Aussie series or even after the first test and Rohit should come in. Rahane should replace Sehwag or Gambhir but as I said not having much hopes about them being dropped.

Will give Ashwin more time. Not like we have spinners smashing the door down. Ojha was pretty good through the series and deserves his spot. Ishant wasn't as bad as I expected him to be and will mostly hold on to his spot. Yadav needs to play and we need to keep him fit. With all the money BCCI has they can afford to have someone work exclusively on him and keep him as fit as possible.

We are in for a dark period and do not see this lifting any time soon unless Kohli and Pujara really shine and at least one of our bowlers delivers consistent a la Kumble.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    did jadeja look competent with the bat in this game?

Regarding the WC 2007 vs this series loss. They are both very disappointing but in different ways. WC 2007 came around when our ODI team, was doing pretty well. We had a record number of successive wins while chasing and the young guns were gunning it. There was a quiet confidence of the team doing well. That confidence made the loss really painful.

This loss just got a sick feeling to the stomach and confirmed that we are going to be ****ty at least for a few more years.

This loss is easier to digest given that we were the second best team quite clearly. The WC loss was devastating and the reaction of the public just confirmed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    did jadeja look competent with the bat in this game?
    Didn't get a chance to see him bat but he looked competent with the ball, at least in the first innings.

Simon Champion!
    Looked dodgy with the bat, especially to the seamers. Kept getting his feet too across and looked tentative.

But i expected that tbh, at least at the start of his career. Can see him averaging in the 35 to 40 range and 45 max if he has improved in the longish term.

Didn't look great with the bat if we're being honest, but he should be given much more time. At least another series.

International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar
    Some of you guys need to get some perspective, or do some research. Dhoni's comments are based on this

M S Dhoni's house attacked after Indian loss - Thatscricket

http://www.vcricket.com/cricket-news...ons-23070.html

He's talking on a more personal level, and in terms of fan reaction, it is 100% true and correct. Indian fans care more about WC than tests. Simple as that. There is nothing wrong with what Dhoni said.
    Last edited by Contra; 17-12-2012 at 08:13 PM.

+1 to what Contra is saying.

Also, as poor as Dhoni's performances have been, the coach really has to take the rap on the lack of change in team selections and attitudes.

He should have insisted on some changes when things were going wrong and he's far too late now.

18 months is plenty of time to have an impact and he's done nothing whatsoever.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information