• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Siddle Vs HIlfenhaus

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Who would you pick first in the aussie line-up?

siddle or hilfy

FFS
how do you add a poll?

Siddle.

If everyone was fit then Pattinson, Siddle, Harris would be my preferred bowling lineup - although it feels like Harris is semi-retired even though he's just injured. It will be interesting to see how much he actually plays in 2013. The next group are all fairly level pegging imo (Hilfenhaus/Cummins/Johnson/Starc/Hazlewood).

Last edited:

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Siddle.

tbh I've always thought Hilfenhaus was overrrated. His performance against India last summer was a bit of a freak result (and perhaps as misleading as Ponting's was in the same series). I think apart from that series he's only taken 5 wickets or more in a Test once in his career.

He has good qualities for sure, but he's a strike bowler who bowls like a stock bowler. Would have to be one of the blandest new ball bowlers Australia has ever had. Apart from the India series the only time I can recall Hilfenhaus being decisive in a new-ball spell was Brisbane 09/10 (I think he may have had an impact in one spell in the WI earlier this year as well).

Otherwise, it's endless short of a length stuff that keeps runs down but rarely threatens to take a wicket.

Spark

Global Moderator
yeah. loves playing against india regardless of location. bounced out most of their top order at mohali, didn't he? and that was when they were in good nick, too

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Hilf seems to have lost something this summer. He is keeping his arm really low, and doesn't seem to be swinging it.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hilfy needs a new coach. He's just bowling it too short, which is from the Sharma school of "looking good but being ineffective".

I'd take Siddle right now.