• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Peter Siddle-What a Man!

Xuhaib

International Coach
He may not be the best in the world in terms of pure bowling talents. But an old fashioned fast bowler who will run in all day for you and get results. A far cry from modern day pansies who cry about heavy workload.

Respect!

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Siddle vs Merv Hughes would make a good comparison thread. Very similar cricketers.Was Merv a Victorian too?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Siddle vs Merv Hughes would make a good comparison thread. Very similar cricketers.Was Merv a Victorian too?
You almost read my mind. I was just thinking that I would now rate Siddle as the best Victorian pace bowler from the past 25 years.

Merv is without doubt up there and Reiffel and Fleming both played a reasonable number of Tests with success but I honestly think Siddle is the best now.

Xuhaib

International Coach
You almost read my mind. I was just thinking that I would now rate Siddle as the best Victorian pace bowler from the past 25 years.

Merv is without doubt up there and Reiffel and Fleming both played a reasonable number of Tests with success but I honestly think Siddle is the best now.
yeah he's sure better then Reiffel, Fleming was very good but don't think he played a lot? Merv is still ahead I guess but give Sid a coupe of years and he will be up there.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yep, full strength line up and he shouldn't be in. Don't have a fully fit line up though do we, smoker?
Full strength line up - are you talking about the best Australian XI from the past 20 years?

Warne
Siddle
Gillespie
McGrath

12th man/bowling coach :)
McDermott