• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Peter Siddle-What a Man!

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Find it hard to believe after the way he has bowled in the last 18 months that anyone would say Siddle isn't part of the best attack that Australia can put on the field. If it was said after the ashes in 2010/11 fair enough but not now.
18 months is being a bit kind. Siddle really only got his **** together this time last year. Hence why there was doubt over whether both Siddle and Hilf would stick with their new found form coming into this summer. Siddle has obviously done more to impress than Hilf

benchmark00

How is Siddle taking his wickets at 40 or whatever it was against SA impressing though? People seem to think he actually bowled well against them, I just don't understand.

He's taken wickets today, but that's hardly an impressive effort.

benchmark00

Hilfenhaus at least created pressure, if lacking penetration. Siddle bowled maybe one decent spell for the series, the rest of the time he was absolutely toothless.

Both were poor.

Spikey

How is Siddle taking his wickets at 40 or whatever it was against SA impressing though? People seem to think he actually bowled well against them, I just don't understand.

Well, did you watch Hilf? Rob Quiney basically impressed with the ball as much as Hilf did this summer. Siddle, by nature of bowling one or two good spells, has done more to impress than Hilf, who be it due to injury or form or whatever, was mostly toothless, with it being the odd good ball rather than odd good spell.

flibbertyjibber

It was 38 but to be fair only one of the bowlers in both sides who played more than one match and got more than two wickets took their wickets under 30. Not as though he was dire is it?

benchmark00

Nah Hilfenhaus bowled a few good spells with the new ball and had it swinging, but I'm not going to go out and say he was good, but ****, if you think Siddle wasn't as equally **** then who knows what's going on.

benchmark00

It was 38 but to be fair only one of the bowlers in both sides who played more than one match and got more than two wickets took their wickets under 30. Not as though he was dire is it?
Nah he was dire. Just because others were dire as well, doesn't mean he wasn't dire.

sphynx

U19 Debutant

Why?

SL's batting lineup isn't exactly New Zealand. Hell it's alot better than India's atm, which is the basis for most of Hilfenhaus' stats your spruking.

I think whats most impressive is the change in Siddles line and lengths over the past 18 months. He was brought out of the bushrangers side, as a back of a length, hit the pitch hard bowler. He was found out at test level against good batsmen.

Now, he is Australia's most accurate bowler by a fair distance, he pitches the ball consistently on a good length, an excellent line, rarely bowls a bad ball, has good pace (alot better than Hilfenhaus) and can bowl extremely long spells for a fast bowler.

Hilfenhaus can bowl the odd jaffer, but bowls far more junk in between, and struggles to pitch the ball up consistently, which is bloody crucial when bowling in England.

If the conditions don't suit Hilfenhaus, he's a toothless tiger at his pace (which has been military mediums at time this summer)........