• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Peter Siddle-What a Man!

Jager

International Debutant
Plenty of man love for Siddle from me too. Great man, always tries to make something happen even in the most difficult circumstances, which certainly makes me feel like there's a wicket around the corner whenever he's bowling

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seriously though, who is your full-strength line-up?
Pattinson, Harris, Watson, Lyon and Starc for variety.

Happy to change Starc for Hilfenhorse, or hell even Cummins if we're gonna swing that way. Like Starc though due to the variety he offers and the help to Lyon he provides, which we've seen this match.

Spikey

I'd pick Siddle over a guy whose action is in doubt with every series. taste it MJ, Hilf.

flibbertyjibber

Find it hard to believe after the way he has bowled in the last 18 months that anyone would say Siddle isn't part of the best attack that Australia can put on the field. If it was said after the ashes in 2010/11 fair enough but not now.

centurymaker

International Captain
siddle's the first name i'd put on the sheet fast bowling wise
because you never know when the fragile harris, cummings, pattingson, hilfy etc might break down during a match and hurt you dearly

benchmark00

Find it hard to believe after the way he has bowled in the last 18 months that anyone would say Hilfenhaus isn't part of the best attack that Australia can put on the field. If it was said after the ashes in 2010/11 fair enough but not now.

centurymaker

International Captain
Find it hard to believe after the way he has bowled in the last 18 months that anyone would say Hilfenhaus is part of the best attack that Australia can put on the field.

flibbertyjibber

Find it hard to believe after the way he has bowled in the last 18 months that anyone would say Hilfenhaus isn't part of the best attack that Australia can put on the field. If it was said after the ashes in 2010/11 fair enough but not now.
Seeing as you have neither in your ideal team you are talking out of a different part of your body than your mouth.

Hilf 10 games 44 wickets & 20.81
Siddle 14 games 57 wickets @ 25.35

Bloody impressive stats and they are usually fitter than the rest of the bowlers.

benchmark00

Seeing as you have neither in your ideal team you are talking out of a different part of your body than your mouth.

Hilf 10 games 44 wickets & 20.81
Siddle 14 games 57 wickets @ 25.35

Bloody impressive stats and they are usually fitter than the rest of the bowlers.
Well ummmm have a look at the team I picked. I said I have no problems with having Hilfenhaus over Starc, but I have gone with Starc because he swings the ball, like Hilfenhaus, but adds variety to the attack and helps Lyon.

Main thing is that Hilfenhaus, along with a couple of others, are better options than Siddle. There is no such thing as an attack that you keep for every match you play, instead you have a pool of players you rotate through. Siddle would not be in the pool I select at full strength.