• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MCC vs SRI LANKANS

Rich2001

International Captain
What do you guys make of the following team to face the Sri Lankans in a tour match?

The team was picked by the English selectors, so I guess they want to check out possible contenters for the first X1.

MCC vs SRI LANKANS Chesterfield, 6th-8th June

Robert Key (Kent & Academy), Andrew Strauss (Middlesex & Academy), David Fulton (Kent, captain), Owais Shah (Middlesex & England), Usman Ufzaal (Nottinghamshire & England), Paul Collingwood (Durham & England), Chris Read (w/k, Nottinghamshire & England), Richard Dawson (Yorkshire & England), Simon Jones (Glamorgan & Academy), James Kirtley (Sussex & England), Jonathan Lewis (Gloucestershire).

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No Ian Bell, somewhat surprises me.

Glad to see Fulton gets a little recognition, but still don't think he should be anywhere near a Test call up.

Rich2001

International Captain
Hi Marc

Just to let you know the reason that Ian Bell was not picked was somthing to do with the B&H cup only the 8 teams not involded were chosen as I think the games either clash or are very close to the B&H Simi-Finals. Otherwise iam sure he would have been called up.

Richard

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The Sri Lankans will probably not try as hard as they would in an actual test match, that is why I can't believe Jones is not playing in todays test!?

I don't care what the conditions are..if you can bowl the ball at 150 k's with good control you should be playing, now I guess whether Jones does have this, is another matter.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
No Ian Bell, somewhat surprises me.

Glad to see Fulton gets a little recognition, but still don't think he should be anywhere near a Test call up.
Pfft....

Jones isn't playing because Tudor plays for Surrey.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Yea go jones :P

btw sri lanka bowled out for 162 and eng 24/0

ooo eng looking for victory ? or sri lanka come back and draw it :p

Anon2

U19 Cricketer
True. Playing for Surrey is like playing for Man. Utd. You are guaranteed a place in the national side.

Rich2001

International Captain
One change has been made to the above team beacuse of an injury P.Collingwood has withdrawn and will be replaced by D.Stevens of Leicstershire.