• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa ATG - Open Voting

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I see Kallis as the second best ever all rounder and good enough for that role. Deciding btwn Taylor and Amla.

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
Great champion of the old 'uns that I usually am I do think Faulkner is a tad over-rated round these parts - through no fault of his own he only played 12 of his 25 Tests against full strength opposition so, fine player that he undoubtedly was, I'm going to go for Mike Procter again - best all rounder the game has seen, through my rose-tinted glasses anyway
This is a very interesting proposition. I was tempting a choice of S. Pollock here, but it seems Procter might even be the better batsman.

watson

Banned
Aubrey Faulkner is the obvious choice.

That way we get 3 x quicks, 1 x offie, and a highly competent leg-break googly bowler in the side to secure the ultimate bowling attack.

And with Waite and Procter to follow it doesn't matter too much that Faulkner is probably not as good as Amla et al.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Yeah, Faulkner.

What a ****ing ridiculously OP batting line up/deep bowling line-up if what I'm envisaging goes through.

Both Procter and Pollock should play, really.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I would like to go slightly unconventional here and pick AB De Villiers as the Wicketkeeper-Batsman at number 6, and then pick Procter, Pollock and Tayfield for the rest of the positions. Tayfield covers the spin option, and I think Faulkner does not add that much value to the side as either Procter or Pollock. This way, we have 4 top notch pacers, which I realize may be a little over the top, especially with Kallis in the side, but it's still awesome.

Last edited:

watson

Banned
I would like to go slightly unconventional here and pick AB De Villiers as the Wicketkeeper-Batsman at number 6, and then pick Procter, Pollock and Tayfield for the rest of the positions. Tayfield covers the spin option, and I think Faulkner does not add that much value to the side as either Procter or Pollock. This way, we have 4 top notch pacers, which I realize may be a little over the top, especially with Kallis in the side, but it's still awesome.
Yes it is a 'little over the top' because Kallis bowls in the mid 130s therefore the team already has 4 quick bowlers all capable of taking wickets. The skill of Kallis justifies the inclusion of Faulkner even more.

Last edited:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
This one is not even close, but will let it run a bit longer to let everyone who wants to, vote.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Amla

Kallis is the best 5th bowler you'd need IMO, and is a better allrounder than Faulkner. Better to have a really daunting batting lineup right up to six and still pick the 4 really excellent bowlers (Pollock and Tayfield would be my other 2 bowlers).

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yes it is a 'little over the top' because Kallis bowls in the mid 130s therefore the team already has 4 quick bowlers all capable of taking wickets. The skill of Kallis justifies the inclusion of Faulkner even more.

Interesting. I'm taking the same train of thought except I think it justifies another batsman more.

I'd include Faulkner on rank turners.