• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa ATG - Open Voting

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Jacques Kallis
Graeme Pollock
Dudley Nourse

Interesting that all three batsmen's preferred position was #4

cnerd123

likes this
No love for Herbie Taylor?

Taylor, Kallis, Pollock

Averaged 50 against Barnes at his best...he definitely could bat.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Kallis
G. Pollock
Nourse

Cullinan? Warne would enjoy that.

Amla a shout out for the shortlist if Cullinan is included....

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
The first two picked themselves, but the third needed a bit more research.

3. Kallis
4. Pollock
5. Nourse

Herbie Taylor came under consideration, but he was nowhere near as good on turf pitches as he was on matting; only one of his Test tons came outside South Africa.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Mind if I ask about your decision to leave Pollock out?
Averaging 60 over (effectively) a four year period is not a remarkable feat for mine. Straight up not a fan of picking players who were "unfortunate not to play more Tests" in an exercise like this unless they played in an era where Tests were not unanimously considered the ultimate test of a player's skill. He's close anyway but I don't think he demonstrated the proven longevity of performance that someone like Taylor did. I understand most will disagree though, and that's fine.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Averaging 60 over (effectively) a four year period is not a remarkable feat for mine. Straight up not a fan of picking players who were "unfortunate not to play more Tests" in an exercise like this unless they played in an era where Tests were not unanimously considered the ultimate test of a player's skill. He's close anyway but I don't think he demonstrated the proven longevity of performance that someone like Taylor did. I understand most will disagree though, and that's fine.
Yeh, fair enough.

I'd generally agree with you. But the stories told about Barry Richards and Graeme Pollock are amazing. At the moment I'd have G.Pollock in my all time world test XI at #4, and B. Richards isn't far off displacing Sunny.

J. Hobbs
S. Gavaskar
D. Bradman
G. Pollock
V. Richards
G. Sobers
A. Knott
W. Akram
M. Marshall
S. Warne
D. Lillee

Flem274*

123/5
Going to go for:

Jacques Kallis
Graeme Pollock
Dudley Nourse
Samesies.

Wouldn't go for Pollock for the reasons PEWS mentioned nor Taylor for those alphabet123456 said.

edit: I'm a dunce. will leave for prosterity.

Amla
Kallis
Nourse

/beardbandwagon