• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The class of mid 00's

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
ABdV the best of the lot. He would the Viv Richards equivalent in that group. Had the x-factor and could bat in adverse conditions. Clarke the next best.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Great set of batsmen 6 of them:
Smith, Amla, ABDV, KP, Cook, Clarke : I think they all might end up with 10000+ runs and round about 50 avg.
Too bad about the bowling though only Steyn is undeniably great. Jimmy might get 350 wickets but still be averaging around 30.

Interesting looking at old predictions. I'm far from the biggest Anderson fan, but it looks as if he might get 600+ @26ish

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Amla has really dropped down the pecking order hasn't he? There was a time where he genuinely looked like he'd average 55+ and end as the best of the lot.

So many players retiring relatively young compared to the generation before them. I guess there comes a point where the grind of tests doesn't seem attractive any more when you can go and play some T20 cricket for a couple of months and earn just as much money.

We'll start to see more and more of this I think.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Amla has really dropped down the pecking order hasn't he? There was a time where he genuinely looked like he'd average 55+ and end as the best of the lot.
KP, Amla and Ross Taylor now with near identical averages (RT's greatly boosted by Zimbabwe and the Windies, but still interesting to see)

KP 104 181 8 8181 227 47.28 13255 61.72 23 35

Amla 119 205 14 9022 311* 47.23 17980 50.17 28 39

Taylor 85 152 19 6281 290 47.22 10582 59.35 17 28

Last edited: