• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Flem274*

123/5
I wouldn't say he is that great against the moving ball, but he does dig in for the long haul and I can see a junior batsman like him copping the blame for last night.

Franklin's last test?

Mike5181

International Captain
I wouldn't say he is that great against the moving ball, but he does dig in for the long haul and I can see a junior batsman like him copping the blame for last night.

Franklin's last test?
Who would you replace him with? Wagner could probably last just as long with the bat.

Blain

U19 Captain
God this is horrible. The last 2 months has been a shambles and so many are to blame it's not funny.

Martin bowling at 120ks is a joke.

Flem274*

123/5
God this is horrible. The last 2 months has been a shambles and so many are to blame it's not funny.

Martin bowling at 120ks is a joke.
Clutching at straws I know but the radar might be a tad on the slow side. The first overs of both Philander and Steyn were mid 120s and Steyn infrequently hit 140kph for the rest of our very short innings.

Mike5181

International Captain
Clutching at straws I know but the radar might be a tad on the slow side. The first overs of both Philander and Steyn were mid 120s and Steyn infrequently hit 140kph for the rest of our very short innings.
Morkel hit 145 quite a few times in his first over tbf.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
im sure looking forward to Crowe's next article.

Flynn should be promoted to 3, he only got out because of the Phantom at the other end , and its not as if he would face any less of the new ball at 5

Briony

International Debutant
If you lose the toss as a captain you always claim that you were going to do what you end up doing anyway. So I don't think those words count for much.
Smith said he was undecided. The day before he said he might bat but acknowledged that batting would be tough during the first session.

Also don't see this compulsion to bat first because it shows guts or is the sort of thing you do. If bowling first best utilises whatever weapons you have surely you do it. Can never understand the mentality of batting first because of what might happen on day five yet the day one conditions are such that day five might become irrelevant.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Smith said he was undecided. The day before he said he might bat but acknowledged that batting would be tough during the first session.

Also don't see this compulsion to bat first because it shows guts or is the sort of thing you do. If bowling first best utilises whatever weapons you have surely you do it. Can never understand the mentality of batting first because of what might happen on day five yet the day one conditions are such that day five might become irrelevant.

RE Smith's comments - I think he was basically sugarcoating the fact that it wouldn't really matter either way. His team is that good and we're that bad.

The bolded is especially true when you're NZ.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
+1

Uncanny how often you hear "a good toss to lose". Because it would be a "bad toss to win" if you had to be "positive" and bat first on a green tinged pitch.