• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well SA were outplayed in two of the three tests in their latest series so...
It was still a series win away from home and it says a lot about them that they still got over the line despite as not being at their best at times.

smash84

The Tiger King
no way... Kallis and Amla are magnificent against spin. So are Cook and Prior. Plus, KP has the ability to pull a bunch of rabbits out of a hat on any pitch, like he's shown on numerous occasions this year.
You do realize that Cook, Prior and possibly KP will be the only batsman from the 'same English side' that will be in the combined side right?

Not a chance in hell. Especially 'thrash'. :laugh:
imagine the chances of choking in a combined SA-Eng side :p

Satyanash89

Banned
Yeah and it's not even close. When even Teja can admit Anderson is better than someone, he definitely is.
Reckon people generally overrate Morkel just as much as they underrate Anderson. Jimmeh has,.over the last few years, shown he can produce quality spells in places not generally helpful for quicks. Morkel is waaay behind him imo

benchmark00

Wow, I can only presume that SA must've lost that series then, right?
I'm not saying that Australia are better than SA. I'm the first to say SA are the best team in the world, but they're not 'so far ahead of the pack'.

If the pack was NZ and SL then maybe yeah.

benchmark00

It was still a series win away from home and it says a lot about them that they still got over the line despite as not being at their best at times.
But the series at home was only drawn also...

Only as good as what the opposition lets you play. SA are the best but its no where even close to as much of a gap as when Australia were number one back a few years ago.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
**** this NZ team is horrible. They talk about doing the basics well.... This is an example of doing the basics very ****ly, if at all.
Haha, all the sports journo's in NZ have been crying out for McCullum to be captain for the last 12 months, and during the T20 series there was a lot of talk in the papers about clear signs that the team was coming together brilliantly under him, and working hard as a unit in a way they never did under Taylor. You can really see it today.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Reckon people generally overrate Morkel just as much as they underrate Anderson. Jimmeh has,.over the last few years, shown he can produce quality spells in places not generally helpful for quicks. Morkel is waaay behind him imo
Andersen is great but he doesn't really add anything that philander and steyn can't do. Morkel atleast can get some bounce.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
I see Luke Ronchi becomes eligible for NZ on Day 3 on the 2nd test. Perhaps they should parachute him in mid-test.... :O

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
He's been one of my favourites over the years, but Martin looks done. Bit sad watching him so past his best against such a powerful opponent.

Howsie

International Captain
How bad must Wagner be if he isn't seen as a better option than Martin. I'm not a big fan but surely he can't be this bad?

Teja.

Global Moderator
Andersen is great but he doesn't really add anything that philander and steyn can't do. Morkel atleast can get some bounce.
Nope. More pertinently Anderson while not being the best strike bowler - still definitely nothing to turn down, mind - has been remarkably tight, almost Ambrose-tight, for the last couple of years.

He'd be an exceptional third pacer as of right now.

Last edited: