• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Saved by Hotspot, NZ lose a referral.

Given that most of SA's top order aerage more than NZ's total, I don't think they have too much to worry about.
Eh?

CricInfo are saying that SA referred it. They're probably wrong though.

Mike5181

International Captain
I don't think anyone would claim NZ wouldn't have won if Taylor was there, but there's no way the team would be in the absolute sorry state of affairs they were leading into this tour if it wasn't for Hesson. If you can't see that, you can't see anything.
There's a huge difference between acknowledging the difference Taylor would've made in the batting line up, and using his absence as the reason for why we were bowled out for 45. That's what Hurricane is doing, and I disagree with him. I'm not a Hesson fan at all. Taylor should absolutely still be captain.

Zinzan

Nah he's always been an out and out swing bowler, just lost it the last few months.
I first saw him in the Champions league with CD, he seemed to get swing then, but since then he seemed to be a more into the deck seam bowler. Trying to think back to his match winning spell against Aust as to whether he got more wickets due to seam or swing. I can't recall.

Mike5181

International Captain
Good to see Dougie get one early. Hopefully the Boult/Bracewell combo can do some damage here.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
I first saw him in the Champions league with CD, he seemed to get swing then, but since then he seemed to be a more into the deck seam bowler. Trying to think back to his match winning spell against Aust as to whether he got more wickets due to seam or swing. I can't recall.
Well that deck was a greenie, so it was both iirc, but domestically his main weapon was always swing. It's only since coming into the Black Caps that the hit the deck traditional third seamer role has been trialled with him.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Both. Some deliveries would swing like the one that got Huss, others jagged sharply like the one to castle Lyon.

Daemon

Good of the commentary team to mention Greig.

Used to like Pommie Mbangwa alot more when he had dreadlocks

Teja.

Global Moderator
yeah despite his ordinary performances in ENG and AUS.
Philander was extremely tight during the England series when the ball was not doing much and ****ing invincible when charged on.

Bowling statistics for the series are:

Philander - 12 wickets @ 23.66
Steyn - 15 wickets @ 29.20
Morkel - 11 wickets @ 34.54
Broad - 11 wickets @ 39.7
Finn - 10 wickets @ 32.2
Anderson - wickets @ 40.66

Unless by ordinary - you mean by his usual standards.