Cricket Player Manager
Page 52 of 284 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Viscount Tom View Post
    If you took 20 years off Andy Flower made him into a **** and a Kiwi then remove any osrt of use as a coach you'd get Hesson.

PEWS doesn't know where h's from.

Also
    New Zealand in South Africa 2012-13 : McClenaghan added to New Zealand Test squad | Cricket News | South Africa v New Zealand | ESPN Cricinfo

How does he get picked I mean forgive me if I've missed something but an average of nearly 40 in FC seems somewhat high to be at the front of the queue.
    To be fair on Mitch, his average was very high when he first came on the scene. Always bowled fast but broke down alot and got hit. Came back after a season or 2 last year and took a sh*t load of wickets late in the season. Has been consistant and dangerous this season, and tbf is the pick of the bunch who aren't injurred, or old and already tried. It's a good move getting him into the camp, get some work in with Bond and Martin will be first in, followed by Wagner.

If Bracewell was a bunny with the bat, he wouldn't be a starter for me. He needs to find his out swing again, barely moving it in the air atm. Thats what made him successful along with his seam off the pitch.

Bracewell was much better in the second test. I realise he only took 2 wickets, but noone else would've taken those 2 if he hadn't.

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    If Bracewell was a bunny with the bat, he wouldn't be a starter for me. He needs to find his out swing again, barely moving it in the air atm. Thats what made him successful along with his seam off the pitch.
    Very accurate assessment. I was thinking the same thing earlier today. Needs to find his swing otherwise he will be an ineffective Brent Arnel/Ishant Sharma type bowler.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    It seems like they've messed with his action to make him fit the stereotype "hit the deck third seamer" role, he's releasing it from twelve o'clock rather than the one o'clock of your typical outswing bowler such as Southee.
    Exit pursuing a beer

he was always a "hit-the-deck" seamer though, at least from what I've seen.

Even seamers will get a bit of swing in very swing-friendly conditions (e.g. Siddle in today's test got some), and that's why he got a bit of swing in Hobart, but he's always looked like a seamer to me.

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    First time I saw him was in that famous T20 at the champions league for CD. And he was swinging it every ball iirc.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    First time I saw him was in that famous T20 at the champions league for CD. And he was swinging it every ball iirc.
    Yeah, Bracewell used to swing it around corners. But I don't think we should judge him until we see how he goes in SA. It's hard to get the ball to swing in the sub continent, especially if you have to have to wait 15-20 overs before getting a hold of the ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Yeah, Bracewell used to swing it around corners. But I don't think we should judge him until we see how he goes in SA. It's hard to get the ball to swing in the sub continent, especially if you have to have to wait 15-20 overs before getting a hold of the ball.
    His seam release pretty bad too though, he didn't look like he would've swung it anywhere the way he was bowling.

Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Yep, the season before he made his international debut he was bowling big booming outswingers, was fabulous to watch.
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, DG Brownlie, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson and IS Sodhi

He's swinging it in a bit here. I've included two balls from Milne first, for the lulz -
    ACLT20 -12th Match: Warriors v Central Stags Highlights - YouTube
    Quote Originally Posted by The Supercilious Solipsist View Post
    Never go full kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . AGRIBUSINESS MONITORING . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

Just finishing up for the night, about to go to bed, check cricinfo, suddenly notice that this one starts in half an hour. Though it was 5 like all the others. I have no choice now...

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    They're actually absolutely identical now that someone's shown it, I wonder what these changes were that they talked about.

SA will bat first. They have a funny team playing with Ontong amazingly given yet another chance. Phangiso gets to play again too. Looks like its experiment time.

Sad that these teams can't play a test match on Boxing Day.

South Africa has the nicest anthem.

Thread Information