Cricket Player Manager
Page 51 of 284 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by SilentOne View Post
    Kepler wessels is the worst, everything NZ did is either good or okay, but anything SA did was excellent or great.

how hard is it to be an impartial commentator? FFS
    I'm from SA and I'm embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Otago men, are they?
    They are. You wouldn't be accusing me of bias, ****?

Look, the whole affair was handled terribly by NZC and Hesson - particularly some of the rewriting of conversations by Hesson. But some of the stuff from NZ fans, particularly on the net, is nothing short of idiotic - personal slights against Hesson's appearance (relevance? Nil), abuse of McCullum who has largely kept his nose clean in this affair, and comments like the one I quoted. I have kept pretty quiet on this, but that comment was the culmination of rubbish comment after rubbish comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post

Look, the whole affair was handled terribly by NZC and Hesson - particularly some of the rewriting of conversations by Hesson. But some of the stuff from NZ fans, particularly on the net, is nothing short of idiotic - personal slights against Hesson's appearance (relevance? Nil), abuse of McCullum who has largely kept his nose clean in this affair, and comments like the one I quoted. I have kept pretty quiet on this, but that comment was the culmination of rubbish comment after rubbish comment.
    I actually tend to agree tbh.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I actually tend to agree tbh.
    You're from Australia.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    You're from Australia.
    Cool story bro.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    If you took 20 years off Andy Flower made him into a **** and a Kiwi then remove any osrt of use as a coach you'd get Hesson.

PEWS doesn't know where h's from.

Also
    New Zealand in South Africa 2012-13 : McClenaghan added to New Zealand Test squad | Cricket News | South Africa v New Zealand | ESPN Cricinfo

How does he get picked I mean forgive me if I've missed something but an average of nearly 40 in FC seems somewhat high to be at the front of the queue.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

Bracewell had a ****ty FC average as well before he was picked

School Boy/Girl Captain

It's pretty obvious Hesson lied through his teeth while sacking a popular player as captain. People are bound to be pissed off and show it. With the normal added internet hyperbole.

It's all pretty tame, mind.

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar

I'm with you there.

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscount Tom View Post
    If you took 20 years off Andy Flower made him into a **** and a Kiwi then remove any osrt of use as a coach you'd get Hesson.

PEWS doesn't know where h's from.

Also
    New Zealand in South Africa 2012-13 : McClenaghan added to New Zealand Test squad | Cricket News | South Africa v New Zealand | ESPN Cricinfo

How does he get picked I mean forgive me if I've missed something but an average of nearly 40 in FC seems somewhat high to be at the front of the queue.
    It's only a reserve spot, and he's been picked on potential mainly. Gillespie, Milne, Wheeler, Small etc are all injured atm so he was really the only option outside the older guys like Arnel. Wagner or Martin will play anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    Bracewell had a ****ty FC average as well before he was picked
    And look how well he is going now.

In terms of selection it's a big improvement over picking Nicol as reserve batsman.

International Captain thierry henry's Avatar
    Honestly I think one of the main reasons people dislike Hesson is because he is short and looks like a stereotypical geek.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by thierry henry View Post
    Honestly I think one of the main reasons people dislike Hesson is because he is short and looks like a stereotypical geek.
    I didn't even know what he looked like until he shafted Ross Taylor tbh. I don't usually take much interest at all in how a coach looks, just how he coaches. Obviously I should take more notice in how a coach interacts, communicates and lies to his players though.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Hesson will be hated because he's fitting the bill of the classic player power era toady, a 38 y.o. fanboy who didn't have the mana to live and die by his own calls.

Bryon Bell, part-time pimp

McCullum has a record of being more impressive the more frivolous the situation is, and is now showing us a walk-in wardrobe of sports speak's cast off clothes. Like John Key you could argue he ultimately wants the best for NZ's prospects rather than just his own, but he's a slippery eel that's very good at making an expedient call, and will look at you blankly if you ever used the word 'ambitious' in a pejorative sense. "Two jumps in a week, I bet you think that's pretty clever, don't you boy". We'll see if he gets this second jump tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Supercilious Solipsist View Post
    Never go full kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . AGRIBUSINESS MONITORING . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

Thread Information