• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
So, if McCullum somehow guns it at 4, what will happen when Ross returns?

Wild and unlikely speculations aside, I'm looking forward to how Wagner and Bartin go. Hope Watling can farm a hundred before then too.

BeeGee

International Captain
So, if McCullum somehow guns it at 4, what will happen when Ross returns?

Wild and unlikely speculations aside, I'm looking forward to how Wagner and Bartin go. Hope Watling can farm a hundred before then too.
So are we calling them Bartin and Cartin? It's lucky there isn't a Fred Martin playing. :unsure:

Howsie

International Captain
Colin Munro has apparently stayed on with the test squad because Fulton's knee has flared up. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse :laugh:

Sounds as though the only reason Brownlie isn't playing in this game is because he's picked up a bug, so fingers crossed he's right come next week.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Couldn't really see Fulton scoring runs anyway. Just means we're stuck with Franklin, who is just as unlikely to score runs but can compliment that with a few overs of pies.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Hope Sinclair's wrist is okay. Could easily see a sensational PE return for him after some Cape Town carnage.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Couldn't really see Fulton scoring runs anyway. Just means we're stuck with Franklin, who is just as unlikely to score runs but can compliment that with a few overs of pies.
So what's the team then:

Guptil
Baz
Kane
Brownlie
Flynn
Watling
Franklin
etc

That team will go just as well with or without Fulton.

If Franko doesn't perform in the 1st match Colin could debut in the second.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Martin and Wagner taking some serious tap. Looks like it'll be Boult, Martin, Bracewell and Patel for the first test. Really hoping for a holiday season miracle that Martin is back to his accurate and somewhat effective self of a couple of seasons ago.

Seriously, a ****ing thumb injury?! FFS Southee...

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
:(

I wasn't expecting much from him but it would've been nice for him to get one more shot at test cricket. Ah well.
yeah from that perspective, even though my expectations were very low, it's sad for Fulton to get one last chance and it to be cut short like this

Mike5181

International Captain
Martin and Wagner taking some serious tap. Looks like it'll be Boult, Martin, Bracewell and Patel for the first test. Really hoping for a holiday season miracle that Martin is back to his accurate and somewhat effective self of a couple of seasons ago.

They've pulled it back now, both well under 3 runs an over. That's good news about Brownlie btw.

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
Scoring at a typical South African pace at the moment. Still no wickets though, and these aren't county level openers. I'd be worried if I was McCullum.

Howsie

International Captain

I wouldn't bet on it. He's taken 10 wickets @ over 50 his last six first class games, looked well down on pace during that 20/20 a couple of weeks ago too. If Wagner can't beat him out you may as well write him off as an international prospect.