• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

sonnench

U19 12th Man
Well Done NZ, and Guptill for a great innings.

Have mixed feelings after the game, Guptill should of been given out LBW, was plumb in front. However, i'm glad the blackcraps won a game, no one like a smashing, unless it's against Aussie.

Makes the last t20 somewhat interesting as well.....

But in all serious, well done NZ, and please wake me up when the real cricket starts (tests).

And FFS, Levi needs to sort his crap out......promote Faf, and bring in AB.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just watched the highlights.

Saffer commentators still God awful. Pay credit to the opposition ffs.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Just watched the highlights.

Saffer commentators still God awful. Pay credit to the opposition ffs.
yeah. i noticed the exact same thing.
even when the opposition does something spectacular, they barely have any accolades for them

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haven't read the thread but that was a ripper of a catch from Jimmy last night. Good work NZ on the win.

SilentOne

U19 12th Man
yeah. i noticed the exact same thing.
even when the opposition does something spectacular, they barely have any accolades for them
Kepler wessels is the worst, everything NZ did is either good or okay, but anything SA did was excellent or great.

how hard is it to be an impartial commentator? FFS

BeeGee

International Captain
how hard is it to be an impartial commentator? FFS
Going on the evidence of current commentators, it must be virtually impossible.

I very rarely listen to TV commentary these days. They just ruin the game.

I'd rather form my own angry rant/soap box/conspiracy theory/biased opinions and then force them on you poor bastards.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Otago men, are they? :ph34r:
They are. You wouldn't be accusing me of bias, ****? :ph34r:

Look, the whole affair was handled terribly by NZC and Hesson - particularly some of the rewriting of conversations by Hesson. But some of the stuff from NZ fans, particularly on the net, is nothing short of idiotic - personal slights against Hesson's appearance (relevance? Nil), abuse of McCullum who has largely kept his nose clean in this affair, and comments like the one I quoted. I have kept pretty quiet on this, but that comment was the culmination of rubbish comment after rubbish comment.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Look, the whole affair was handled terribly by NZC and Hesson - particularly some of the rewriting of conversations by Hesson. But some of the stuff from NZ fans, particularly on the net, is nothing short of idiotic - personal slights against Hesson's appearance (relevance? Nil), abuse of McCullum who has largely kept his nose clean in this affair, and comments like the one I quoted. I have kept pretty quiet on this, but that comment was the culmination of rubbish comment after rubbish comment.
I actually tend to agree tbh.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain

It's pretty obvious Hesson lied through his teeth while sacking a popular player as captain. People are bound to be pissed off and show it. With the normal added internet hyperbole.

It's all pretty tame, mind.

Mike5181

International Captain

I'm with you there.

Mike5181

International Captain
If you took 20 years off Andy Flower made him into a **** and a Kiwi then remove any osrt of use as a coach you'd get Hesson.

PEWS doesn't know where h's from.

Also
New Zealand in South Africa 2012-13 : McClenaghan added to New Zealand Test squad | Cricket News | South Africa v New Zealand | ESPN Cricinfo

How does he get picked I mean forgive me if I've missed something but an average of nearly 40 in FC seems somewhat high to be at the front of the queue.
It's only a reserve spot, and he's been picked on potential mainly. Gillespie, Milne, Wheeler, Small etc are all injured atm so he was really the only option outside the older guys like Arnel. Wagner or Martin will play anyway.