• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ross Taylor ✔ @RossLTaylor (1 Minute ago)

A great win @BLACKCAPS awesome batting by @Martyguptill well deserved mate. #goodslogsweeps

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
The exact wording of law 42.6 is interesting:

6. Dangerous and unfair bowling

(b) Bowling of high full pitched balls

(i) Any delivery, other than a slow paced one, which passes or would have passed on the full above waist height of the striker standing upright at the popping crease is to be deemed dangerous and unfair, whether or not it is likely to inflict physical injury on the striker.

(ii) (ii) A slow delivery which passes or would have passed on the full above shoulder height of the striker standing upright at the popping crease is to be deemed dangerous and unfair, whether or not it is likely to inflict physical injury on the striker.

In both cases, the umpire should call no ball.

--

So as it was an attempted slower ball and passed below the shoulder it should've been legit? :unsure:
I'm 99% sure that's what McCullum was correctly complaining about. Should just be a blanket rule for all though imo.

Howsie

International Captain
The exact wording of law 42.6 is interesting:

6. Dangerous and unfair bowling

(b) Bowling of high full pitched balls

(i) Any delivery, other than a slow paced one, which passes or would have passed on the full above waist height of the striker standing upright at the popping crease is to be deemed dangerous and unfair, whether or not it is likely to inflict physical injury on the striker.

(ii) (ii) A slow delivery which passes or would have passed on the full above shoulder height of the striker standing upright at the popping crease is to be deemed dangerous and unfair, whether or not it is likely to inflict physical injury on the striker.

In both cases, the umpire should call no ball.

--

So as it was an attempted slower ball and passed below the shoulder it should've been legit? :unsure:
Wouldn't that be in regards to a spinner? Because I have no idea how an umpire is suppose to rule on what is and isn't a slower ball.

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
Martin Guptill is the Man of the Match: "I was talking to Taylor earlier today and he said to relax during the innings. Hopefully i can continue and deliver more of the same in Port Elizabeth."

GUN

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Wouldn't that be in regards to a spinner? Because I have no idea how an umpire is suppose to rule on what is and isn't a slower ball.
Yeah but what if Marlon Samuels sent down his 120kph quicker ball at chest height? It really is dumb to have the double standards. Should be

above waist high = no ball

end of story.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Nicely done by Guptill. I like the little comment he made about how it was the king in exile who gave him the advice he needed to get back in the runs.

1-1! There's nothing to seperate these two teams!

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Guppy! Wins it single handed, pretty much. new favourite player; from the him/Taylor/Bracewell pic to being a genuine nice bloke to winning games single handed, he's awesome. Suspect Test ability be damned, give him a ride for 2 years.

Spiced

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Well done Guptill, mostly a one man show from New Zealand. Bad leg side bowling from SA and dropped way to many catches. Don't think the result would have been the same if there where no delay, but it made it a good game.

My prediction is still for a SA 2-1 series win.

Spiced

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Well done Guptill, mostly a one man show from New Zealand. Bad leg side bowling from SA and dropped way to many catches. Don't think the result would have been the same if there where no delay, but it made it a good game.

My prediction is still for a SA 2-1 series win.

Briony

International Debutant
At least 1-1 breathes life into this series. SA seem to playing basically an experimental side so won't be that unhappy given that they're blooding some other players.