• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

banquetbear

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
...I heard on the radio this morning that Brendan McCullum won't be doing any phone interviews with NZ media because of his "big workload!" Which is why we were treated to an interview with Nathan McCallum rather than Brendan yesterday morning.

Unbelievable.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The latest fallout from the Black Caps captaincy saga has seen the taxpayer-funded national cricket body seek professional help from "spin doctors" in an attempt to turn around its dire public image.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think NZC is taxpayer funded.

BeeGee

International Captain
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think NZC is taxpayer funded.
The latest annual report of Crown entity Sport New Zealand shows NZ Cricket received $1.85m in public money over 2011/12.
But I wasn't just talking about taxpayer money. Ticket sales, pay TV, etc. We contribute in many ways.

Flem274*

123/5
NZC don't deserve taxpayer funding. Everything they do fails. NZ is best when they don't touch anything because then they can't ruin it.

Tricia McMillan

U19 Captain
We should bat like it's a test match tomorrow (a good, solid 3 runs per over or so) and then say that we didn't earn the right to be aggressive.

Chubb

International Regular
All PR people are useless, overpaid scum. Take it from me, I work with them every day. You can be sure, B McCullum not doing interviews is part of the PR strategy.

Last edited:

BeeGee

International Captain
All PR people are useless, overpaid scum. Take it from me, I work with them every day. You can be sure, B McCullum not doing interviews is part of the PR strategy.
Yep, no doubt.
In the past, I also have had the misfortune of working with PR people.
They're basically professional liars, so they should fit in well with the NZC culture.

Flem274*

123/5
Everyone has PR, but if they're hiring extras, it's pretty clear they're looking to try and put their incompetence under the rug rather than make positive change.

They're a national disgrace afaic. In a country like New Zealand their standard is unacceptable.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Everyone has PR, but if they're hiring extras, it's pretty clear they're looking to try and put their incompetence under the rug rather than make positive change.

They're a national disgrace afaic. In a country like New Zealand their standard is unacceptable.
Really? They should be thinking about running for parliament...

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Lol, respond to a crisis by hiring a PR firm.

God forbid they actually do anything about the disaster of their communication itself.