Page 282 of 284 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284 LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 4246

Thread: **Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Why the **** would you bowl a length delivery? Any half decent yorker and you tie at worst.
    Thinking the same. Bowling full would have done it!

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Why the **** would you bowl a length delivery? Any half decent yorker and you tie at worst.
    I don't know, you can hit a long half volley/low full toss for six like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

State Vice-Captain
    Again our middle order scores too slowly. ****. We've been going through this since the 90s. Those who always blamed Kallis: **** off. It's clear that he is not the problem. Something is wrong with how we score in the middle overs and middle order. Glad we won, but the bowlers shouldn't be winning this for us.

Fix the ****ing middle order. It's ****ing obvious.

State Vice-Captain
    Because Franklin's a ****?

Quote Originally Posted by Garson007 View Post
    Again our middle order scores too slowly. ****. We've been going through this since the 90s. Those who always blamed Kallis: **** off. It's clear that he is not the problem. Something is wrong with how we score in the middle overs and middle order. Glad we won, but the bowlers shouldn't be winning this for us.

Thing is they play shots, but they're always going to a fielder. It's taken those two shots by Phangiso and McLaren to win the game, they all really need to get a bit more unorthodox.

Otherwise the single-dot-single routine will continue to strangle them with fielding teams looking like they have 18 men out there. It would be great also to find a new Herschel Gibbs

Smith MoM, I don't know, maybe I'd have gone with McLaren to reward his bowling also.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    I don't know, you can hit a long half volley/low full toss for six like that.
    If McClaren had managed that then you just say well done.

Length is a lot more prone to resulting in a 4 or 6. It's also more likely to get a dot, but that's not a big deal when they need 2 to tie anyway. Some variation on length is an option if SA need 1/2 to win

A yorker is mostly going to result in a single.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

International Vice-Captain BeeGee's Avatar

Good to see a SA fan chipping in with a decent rant. The NZ rant dominance of this thread has been overpowering.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Well sort off better from SA. But still a low 4 out of 10 for this series. For NZ I will only score them higher because they won the series. I will give them a 6.

McLaren was shaping to scoop early enough for Franky to drag it down deliberately, jeez.

Phil Jackson "Give Them Some F***ing Credit" - YouTube
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

I watched the highlights and some of those shot were diabolical. I'd rather they bat smart

Morris has to come in now. Kleinveldt is poor.

Interesting series in that it could have ended 3-0 NZ or 3-0 SA if a few things had been different.

Still can't see why SA with their middle-order problems play someone like Behardien.

SA could have had an easier chase each time if de Kock wouldn't go for wild swings. Was starved of strike for a while and decided he had to go for the crazy shot. Ingram should go too.

How many more chances does Guptill get?

Anyway at least NZ will get a few back for the England series.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Missed it. How did Munro and Elliott look in their fifties?

Sounds like a quality innings from Smith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

International Vice-Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    Elliott and Munro impressed me. Elliott is classy and like Kaneh brings some calm to our middle order, which would be great when Taylor and Ryder return.

Munro looked village at first, but after he got an ugly reverse sweep away he showed his power, if not his finesse. Could be an option at no.6 moving forward. Did he bowl at all this series? If not, why not? Looked adequate in the test match.

Franklin played a wonderful knock. Went to bed at 3am when South Africa were 80/0. Not surprised to wake up and find South Africa almost botched it. Bit pissed we didn't win 3-0, but we could have easily lost 0-3 like Briony said.

The main concern now is that we don't have any proven death bowlers if Southee is out.
    Greatest Ever Test XI: JB Hobbs, L Hutton, DG Bradman (c), IVA Richards, BC Lara, GS Sobers, AC Gilchrist (wk), Imran Khan, RJ Hadlee, MD Marshall, SK Warne 12th man: M Muralitharan

Favorite XI: WG Grace, VT Trumper, IVA Richards, DCS Compton, FMM Worrell (c), AC Gilchrist (wk), CL Cairns, SK Warne, FS Trueman, SE Bond, T Richardson 12th man: H Larwood

just saw on replay. good game, top shot from mclaren at the end there, some crazy batting from sa esp smith's dumb shot
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Tournaments Won: 1
    Shocking. Lucky to win, but still shocking.

Ingram-hate is getting old. He has been in our top 3 scorers for the past 2 matches - there are much bigger candidates imo. (He might not have been in the top 3 this match actually - think McClaren overtook him into 3rd but meh).

Truth is, our reserve batsmen need a strong, experienced head to play around so as to take the pressure off. Ie they're weak upstairs.

Anyways, onwards to the pakistanis. Hopefully we'll have a nearer-full-strength team for that series.
    @CowsCorner - 202 followers and counting!

Disclaimer: I am a biased South African. Anything I say is likely to have something in it that ultimately favours the Proteas.

Thread Information