Page 254 of 284 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 4246

Thread: **Official** New Zealand in South Africa

MitchM with 4-20
    JimmyGS with 0 (2)

Mixed debuts for the two CWers.

Very surprised to see a win when I woke up.

Quote Originally Posted by KiWiNiNjA View Post
    MitchM with 4-20
    JimmyGS with 0 (2)

Was saying right through the chase that the kiwis should be able to to this. When you only need four an over sensible batting should see one home but they made heavy weather of it.

Still think Ingram should go. The player SA misses who balances up their ODI line-up is Duminy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiced View Post
    SA looked a bit rusty, sure they will pull it together in the remaining 2 games. The pitch did dry out at the end and was a good decision for NZ to bowl first. Oddly 240 would have been enough to win. I must complement Brendon. He kept the pressure on SA while we where batting. Hardly kept fielders on the boundary for the first 30 odd overs and we could not rotate the strike. If not for his fielding positions SA would have easily got 240. Got to give credit to Cap and Coach,

Personally for me it was a terrible game too watch. Besides it ending up being a close game it was boring as hell. Too many Extras, Power failures and a bad pitch. Although weather conditions did contribute too it during preparations.

As for Miller not in the team, SA has 2 problems: With Kallis not playing we need to replace him with a top order batsmen or all rounder. Miller does not fit in the 2 categories. Problem no 2. We have a list of about 18 players the selectors believe will be more suited for conditions in England when we play the Champions trophy. Miller is untested in England.
    Disagree about Miller being untested because he was a gun in England for Yorkshire in T20s so hard to imagine that he couldn't adjust for ODIs. He should be allowed to build an innings more though. Ingram's problem is that he can't work through the gears. If they play Kallis he can be the anchor, they don't need two.

It was a competitive match but not high quality. There were extras and the batting in general was poor. In day matches the team batting first has to bat more sensibly (Amla for e.g. ugly heave across the line) because conditions often suit bowling first up and become much easier for batting later on.

AB should stay fielding because he's one of the top fielders in the game rather than have to keep.

Franklin's copped a lot of stick here of late. At least he did something for his detractors.

International Vice-Captain Howsie's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    lol, so McCullum is a middle order bat now huh? This **** isn't even trying to hide it anymore, 'what's best for McCullum is best for New Zealand' and he's just like damn straight it.
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, DR Flynn, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson and IS Sodhi

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Not really referring to CWers since they generally got there long ago, but I think fewer and fewer people these days are buying into the "McCullum is a chronic underachiever with the bat" myth. It's pretty clear that he's simply not very good. There's no magic spot in the batting order waiting to unleash his incredible talents because he doesn't have any.
    Exit pursuing a beer

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Lol Mr Prez, such junk posting.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Howsie View Post
    lol, so McCullum is a middle order bat now huh? This **** isn't even trying to hide it anymore, 'what's best for McCullum is best for New Zealand' and he's just like damn straight it.
    He's not even in the best two openers in the team, so it makes sense for him to be in the middle-order now. Of course Nicol's selection ruined that.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5181 View Post
    He's not even in the best two openers in the team, so it makes sense for him to be in the middle-order now. Of course Nicol's selection ruined that.
    Dropping McCullum down the order so that they can incorporate Rob Nicol as opener is the biggest pile of steaming turd I've seen since the last selectorial **** up.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    What did Prez do this time? Assuming he went 'lolol NZ, SA ftfw' when they collapsed and disappeared after they reovered

Laughed at Jono and PEWS betting on NZ when Watling got out..

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KiWiNiNjA View Post
    MitchM with 4-20
    JimmyGS with 0 (2)

Phlegm needs to pick a fight with Jimmeh imo

Quote Originally Posted by MrPrez View Post
    Laughing if you actually made the bet now
    Well this is rather amusing
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Dropping McCullum down the order so that they can incorporate Rob Nicol as opener is the biggest pile of steaming turd I've seen since the last selectorial **** up.
    Nah, Watling was the one that was pushed down to number three to accommodate Nicol. McCullum wouldn't have opened whether Nicol was in the team or not.

International Vice-Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    So, are we stuck with Nicol for the remaining two matches or will he be dropped? I think the former, but I'm hoping for the later.
    Greatest Ever Test XI: JB Hobbs, L Hutton, DG Bradman (c), IVA Richards, BC Lara, GS Sobers, AC Gilchrist (wk), Imran Khan, RJ Hadlee, MD Marshall, SK Warne 12th man: M Muralitharan

Favorite XI: WG Grace, VT Trumper, IVA Richards, DCS Compton, FMM Worrell (c), AC Gilchrist (wk), CL Cairns, SK Warne, FS Trueman, SE Bond, T Richardson 12th man: H Larwood

Quote Originally Posted by Days of Grace View Post
    So, are we stuck with Nicol for the remaining two matches or will he be dropped? I think the former, but I'm hoping for the later.
    Nicol and Elliot really don't add much to this team. I'd probably bring in Boult/Munro for them.

Thread Information