Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 284 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 4246

Thread: **Official** New Zealand in South Africa

  1. #16
    U19 Debutant jcas0167's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by ohnoitsyou View Post
    The T20 team looks stronger, but really lacks players with match-winning potential, i dont see anyone except McCullum going big.
    Guptill? I think the pitches over there should suit him.

  2. #17
    International Debutant ohnoitsyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    #63NotOut
    Posts
    2,728
    Quote Originally Posted by jcas0167 View Post
    Guptill? I think the pitches over there should suit him.
    yeah i thought about him, six months ago i would have agreed with you, but he looks really ugly atm. Seems to lose all his technique when hes attacking the ball, and isn't reading movement that well. He needs another county series and some good coaching to get his act back together.
    Still i expect some big sixes over mid-on/off from him

  3. #18
    U19 Debutant jcas0167's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by ohnoitsyou View Post
    yeah i thought about him, six months ago i would have agreed with you, but he looks really ugly atm. Seems to lose all his technique when hes attacking the ball, and isn't reading movement that well. He needs another county series and some good coaching to get his act back together.
    Still i expect some big sixes over mid-on/off from him
    True, hopefully he gets some form playing for the Sydney Sixers this weekend.

  4. #19
    State Captain Chubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,877
    See some logic in Fulton selection. He likes hard pitches and is in good form. Whether that is enough to overcome the reasons for his many failures, I don't know.
    ZIMBABWE
    Somebody has to...


  5. #20
    U19 Cricketer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    478
    Are we screwed in the Tests or what?

    New Zealands best batsman average: Brendon McCullum - 35.63
    South Africas worst batsman average: Jacques Rudolph - 35.43

    Wish Taylor and Ryder would just play.

  6. #21
    U19 Debutant jcas0167's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by Prensel View Post
    Are we screwed in the Tests or what?

    New Zealands best batsman average: Brendon McCullum - 35.63
    South Africas worst batsman average: Jacques Rudolph - 35.43

    Wish Taylor and Ryder would just play.
    Based on the series against Australia last year, I would rate Brownlie ahead of Ryder for handling pace bowling on bouncy wickets. A point Mark Reason noted ahead of that series:

    At the moment Ryder's backers point to a test average of 44.85. It's a flattering figure, not a phrase often used about Ryder. Against India, the West Indies and Bangladesh (not the bowling giants of the modern cricket world), Ryder averages 65. Against Australia, Sri Lanka and Pakistan, teams with a bit of fizz in their fast bowling, Ryder averages a shade under 20. He has not played against two of the world's top teams, England and South Africa.
    Mark Reason | Jesse Ryder's talent will be tested... | Stuff.co.nz

  7. #22
    U19 Debutant
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    auckland nz
    Posts
    342
    Peter Fulton

  8. #23
    International Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Prensel View Post
    Are we screwed in the Tests or what?

    New Zealands best batsman average: Brendon McCullum - 35.63
    South Africas worst batsman average: Jacques Rudolph - 35.43

    Wish Taylor and Ryder would just play.
    Nice stat

    I'm looking forward to watching Amla carve it up. He is a bearded cricketing god!

    Weird schedule. T20 then Tests then ODIs.

  9. #24
    Hall of Fame Member TT Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    16,588
    Did Jimmy Neesham ever comeback here once he made it?

  10. #25
    Hall of Fame Member TT Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    16,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Prensel View Post
    Are we screwed in the Tests or what?

    New Zealands best batsman average: Brendon McCullum - 35.63
    South Africas worst batsman average: Jacques Rudolph - 35.43

    Wish Taylor and Ryder would just play.
    Dean Elgar - 0.

  11. #26
    International Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,209
    Quote Originally Posted by African Monkey View Post
    Peter Fulton
    I'm guessing he's been selected to replace McCullum as opener.

  12. #27
    U19 Cricketer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by jcas0167 View Post
    Based on the series against Australia last year, I would rate Brownlie ahead of Ryder for handling pace bowling on bouncy wickets. A point Mark Reason noted ahead of that series:



    Mark Reason | Jesse Ryder's talent will be tested... | Stuff.co.nz
    Good information there.

    I wouldn't mind Munro in the test team at this point.

    Need some more players to at least start averaging a bit higher (or newbies starting off their careers good).

  13. #28
    U19 Cricketer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    Dean Elgar - 0.
    Oh please.

  14. #29
    International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    l
    Posts
    6,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubb View Post
    See some logic in Fulton selection. He likes hard pitches and is in good form.
    Really? The Peter Fulton I remember didn't like the ball above knee height, particularly in the years after he stopped bothering to move his feet.

  15. #30
    State Captain Chubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,877
    Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    Really? The Peter Fulton I remember didn't like the ball above knee height, particularly in the years after he stopped bothering to move his feet.
    Hmmm well I based that off some stuff I remember when he did quite well v Australia and England in 06-07. You might well be right.

Page 2 of 284 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Group A - South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France
    By James in forum 2010 Football World Cup - South Africa
    Replies: 322
    Last Post: 24-06-2010, 06:48 AM
  2. India v South Africa Tests
    By James in forum Fantasy Cricket
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 06:22 PM
  3. South Africa v England Twenty20s
    By James in forum Fantasy Cricket
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 08:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •