• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Magnificent innings from Williamson and some good support from the tail one again. Without wishing to be overly pessimistic, I can't help feel it's a 300 par track, That said, if it does get lower and slower, it could suit NZ's dibbly-dobblers.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Details plse......
Got torn into him because the as a captain he shouldn't be getting dismissed the way he was, then said something along the lines of "that's the way I play isn't good enough for an international cricketer, let alone a captain. I drive on the right. What? That's the way I drive."

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Got torn into him because the as a captain he shouldn't be getting dismissed the way he was, then said something along the lines of "that's the way I play isn't good enough for an international cricketer, let alone a captain. I drive on the right. What? That's the way I drive."
Sounds like vintage Coney. Does he only cover NZ games?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Pretty much. Sky always seem to have him in the studio when New Zealand play, hopefully he's in the box when you guys come over in May.

Meridio

International Regular
SA going at 3 an over so we bring on NcCullum...who promptly gets smashed for 17. Genius captaincy.

Yes Mills!

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Great score from williams, just feel his team mates should have done more, but chasing 280 on the flattest pitch in the world gets difficult losing early wickets, so let's see what happens.

Happy NZ is playing for some pride now, great stuff.

ETA: not saying this pitch is that flat, just emphasizing how difficult chasing could be... Specially for SA.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Problem for NZ here is that they haven't got many wicket takers. Just been trundlers for the past few overs.
Problem for South Africa is that none of the rest of the batting lineup have form for chasing down totals. Smith has to bat right through you would think.
Would go back to Williamson and McCullum or give Munro a bowl.

Stapel

International Regular
That last boundary by Smith just makes me feel SA will have a simple walk home from this point.....

vandem

International 12th Man
NZ being exposed here by lack of a front line 3rd seamer ...

Not sure why Nathan Mc has been bowled more. Anybody can go for one big over if bowling in the opening powerplay. Doesn't mean they get to sit out the rest of the innings.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Problem for NZ here is that they haven't got many wicket takers.
Yeah, too many batting allrounders. Having eight blokes who Can Bowl is no substitute for actually having four or five genuine bowlers. Williamson taking 4/20 odd in the first ODI covered this up but it's going to happen very often.

I'm keener to see Neesham get a run in these games than Elliott or Munro but if he's going to bat eight then he shouldn't be playing. It's not like the tail is weak with Nathan McCullum and Mills playing anyway.

Meridio

International Regular
Yeah SA coasting here. Pitch is flat and we're bowling too many four balls.

On a completely different note, think McClenaghan could do more with his front arm.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Makes you wonder why he is in the side but the selectors don't have much to go with. Only four cricketers are averaging over 50 domestically this season, de Kock, Rudolph, Puttick and van der Wath.

Whereas every Tom, Dick and Imran is averaging 10-15 runs per wicket.

BeeGee

International Captain
Elliott bowls an Asif..,
And then a Dernbach.
Indeed.

All looks very easy for SA.

NZ needed early wickets, but didn't get them due to a lack of actual bowlers.

Really struggling to understand Neesham's role in this team. He doesn't bat high enough to be a batting all rounder and he doesn't bowl enough to be a bowling all rounder. NcCullum, recently, also fulfills that role. :laugh:

Replace Neesham with Boult, please.