• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Mike5181

International Captain
lol, so McCullum is a middle order bat now huh? This **** isn't even trying to hide it anymore, 'what's best for McCullum is best for New Zealand' and he's just like damn straight it.
He's not even in the best two openers in the team, so it makes sense for him to be in the middle-order now. Of course Nicol's selection ruined that.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's not even in the best two openers in the team, so it makes sense for him to be in the middle-order now. Of course Nicol's selection ruined that.
Dropping McCullum down the order so that they can incorporate Rob Nicol as opener is the biggest pile of steaming turd I've seen since the last selectorial **** up.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What did Prez do this time? Assuming he went 'lolol NZ, SA ftfw' when they collapsed and disappeared after they reovered :ph34r:

Mike5181

International Captain
Dropping McCullum down the order so that they can incorporate Rob Nicol as opener is the biggest pile of steaming turd I've seen since the last selectorial **** up.
Nah, Watling was the one that was pushed down to number three to accommodate Nicol. McCullum wouldn't have opened whether Nicol was in the team or not.

Days of Grace

International Captain
So, are we stuck with Nicol for the remaining two matches or will he be dropped? I think the former, but I'm hoping for the later.

Days of Grace

International Captain
But BMac will bat at no.5, which begs the question who will bat at no.4 if

Guptill
Watling
Williamson

are your top 3?

Because what is best for Brendon is what is best for the team, so everyone has to fit around him. McCullum batting at no.5 means that Nicol almost to play.

Mike5181

International Captain
But BMac will bat at no.5, which begs the question who will bat at no.4 if

Guptill
Watling
Williamson

are your top 3?

Because what is best for Brendon is what is best for the team, so everyone has to fit around him. McCullum batting at no.5 means that Nicol almost to play.
Something like this would be my ideal team, I guess:

1. Martin Guptill
2. BJ Watling
3. Kane Williamson
4. Brendon McCullum
5. James Franklin
6. Collin Munro
7. Jimmy Neesham
8. Nathan McCullum
9. Kyle Mills
10. Trent Boult
11. Mitchell McClenaghan

I wouldn't be hugely upset if Elliot's still in the team, but he was basically out twice, and he only scored the one run.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Haha wow, Kaneh ending up with best bowling figures, Jimmeh winning the match. And Mills for once sticking around when needed.

Spiced

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Devastating news. Ab needed more game time. Amla to captain the rest of the odi and Behardien to replace AB. Only other batsman in the squad.

Are cricketSA allowed to replace Ab in the squad?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah of course they are. They can select someone not even in the squad out of the blue or name a squad of 75 players if they like; squads for bilateral series are entirely internal decisions.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Devastating news. Ab needed more game time. Amla to captain the rest of the odi and Behardien to replace AB. Only other batsman in the squad.

Only for the batting. AB the captain is up there with the worst.

Ingram, Miller and de Kock in the same lineup. Cow corner heaven.

South Africa would be better off bringing in Rudolph, Virus etc. and looking for a top order who can bat 50 overs.
Chris Morris should also be in the mix.

Pretty much Amla or nothing at the moment. Smith ideally shouldn't be in there as well but who can replace him, Levi? :laugh:

Briony

International Debutant
Only for the batting. AB the captain is up there with the worst.

Ingram, Miller and de Kock in the same lineup. Cow corner heaven.

South Africa would be better off bringing in Rudolph, Virus etc. and looking for a top order who can bat 50 overs.
Chris Morris should also be in the mix.

Pretty much Amla or nothing at the moment. Smith ideally shouldn't be in there as well but who can replace him, Levi? :laugh:
They'll miss his fielding too. Anyway he gets to rest from meaningless ODIs and his back should be fully right for the tests against Pakistan. Think Morris would have been there had he not been injured in the T20s.