• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Agreed. I can be a terrible loser, that complains about his own team non-stop - but I'm not obnoxious when winning. Most people tend to either be bad winners or bad losers.
Bad winners tend to also be sore losers though, even if they aren't bad ones in the way you meant it, so the bad loser type is easier to take IMO.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ridiculous. Franklin didn't even get a 50 and his bowling spell was below average. Meanwhile McClenaghan takes 4-20 - that's equivalent to scoring a century really. Wouldn't have even been a contest without him.

Spiced

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
SA looked a bit rusty, sure they will pull it together in the remaining 2 games. The pitch did dry out at the end and was a good decision for NZ to bowl first. Oddly 240 would have been enough to win. I must complement Brendon. He kept the pressure on SA while we where batting. Hardly kept fielders on the boundary for the first 30 odd overs and we could not rotate the strike. If not for his fielding positions SA would have easily got 240. Got to give credit to Cap and Coach,

Personally for me it was a terrible game too watch. Besides it ending up being a close game it was boring as hell. Too many Extras, Power failures and a bad pitch. Although weather conditions did contribute too it during preparations.

As for Miller not in the team, SA has 2 problems: With Kallis not playing we need to replace him with a top order batsmen or all rounder. Miller does not fit in the 2 categories. Problem no 2. We have a list of about 18 players the selectors believe will be more suited for conditions in England when we play the Champions trophy. Miller is untested in England.

Spiced

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Other than cracking skulls for Yorkshire, that is. I know it was only T20 cricket but he's more tested in England than most of the alternatives based on that alone so it's a curious argument.
With the current team setup he will not be picked. Bring back Kallis at 3 and let Ab keep wicket then Miller can bat at 6 or 7.