• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

MrPrez

International Debutant
But Ingram doesn't have anything dynamic about him. Doesn't look classy. Miller looks talented and explosive.
Ingram just bats at 3 and plays a different role to Miller.

Stats:

Ingram: 35 in ODIs, 41 in OD.

Miller: 29 in ODIs, 32 in OD.

I do want to see miller in the lower order if there's a spot, but Ingram gets first choice in the ODI team imo. T20s Miller should be a shoo-in.

Briony

International Debutant
Ingram just bats at 3 and plays a different role to Miller.

Stats:

Ingram: 35 in ODIs, 41 in OD.

Miller: 29 in ODIs, 32 in OD.

I do want to see miller in the lower order if there's a spot, but Ingram gets first choice in the ODI team imo. T20s Miller should be a shoo-in.
But from memory Miller had to come in and hit from ball one whereas Ingram was given licence to bat that sheet anchor role and just get singles at will. Tougher to have to bail teams out like they often expected Albie Morkel to do.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Except he averages 65 against Zimbabwe+Ireland and 25 against everyone else.
Dang it. Why do you always have to spot that stuff :p

But still, I just back Ingram as the complete player. The guy is class. Reckon Miller will be huge in the future but for now I reckon Ingram is the better all-round batsman even if he isn't as dynamic.

But as I say I'd love to find a way to squeeze Miller in there too.

Briony

International Debutant
Come on Kiwis you ****ing pricks. Do this!
Still very gettable, especially Peterson having overs up his sleeve on this ground. SA didn't use their overs with big Rory picking out a fielder beautifully. They probably could have got 220 had they batted out their overs.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't anyone be fooled by Nicol's overall record. He's a classic minnow-basher. Averages 67 with a SR of 91 against Zim, 25 striking @ 82 against the Windies, 21 @ 56 against SL & a diabolical average of 14 and a SR of 47 against SA,

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
So many extras from the south african bowlers, 13 wides is ridiculous, this is a horrible match (if franklin doesn't pull it from the fire).

South africa and nz are the two teams that heavily rely on doing the basics well, south africa only ahead because nz were worse