• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Just been watching Southee bowling after his thumb injury (it wasn't the bowling hand). You could just about make the argument we should've played him in his impaired state. Bats at 11 (like Marto), gets hidden in the field (" ").

jcas0167

International Debutant
Ah crap. I wasn't buying into the whole "Southee is a boss" thing, but he was easily our best bowler on form atm.

Marto is a solid replacement, hurts our batting though. I hope Mitch rips up in the 20/20s and sticks on. Bracewell really needs to stand up, or we will get plastered then bowled out for 150.
I hope they go with Wagner. Playing at home he'll be hugely fired up to do well.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Arnel is in good form.
I have resigned myself to him getting selected again. I just hope it isn't for a couple of years. I wish he was better at List A cricket because you would think he would do well in ODIs out of all the three forms of the game.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just been watching Southee bowling after his thumb injury (it wasn't the bowling hand). You could just about make the argument we should've played him in his impaired state. Bats at 11 (like Marto), gets hidden in the field (" ").
He should be back in time for the Test then shouldn't he? If it's not too serious a ligament injury won't take that long to heal.

Zinzan

Gutted, just heard the Southee news. Shattering blow, our 2 best batsmen and now our most threatening bowler gone. With Gillespie and Milne injured, I assume she'll be back to Wagner or Chris Martin. I'm quietly hoping McClenaghan shows some promising signs in the shorter-form to give the selectors another option, but it's probably too late for that.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Gutted, just heard the Southee news. Shattering blow, our 2 best batsmen and now our most threatening bowler gone. With Gillespie and Milne injured, I assume she'll be back to Wagner or Chris Martin. I'm quietly hoping McClenaghan shows some promising signs in the shorter-form to give the selectors another option, but it's probably too late for that.
is he the same guy who use to post here.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Foxtel covering this, **** yes.

Weird that Guptill isn't playing tbh unless he's been rested. Surely he's not been dropped for publicly supporting Rosco...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I've always liked Fulton anyway even though I don't think he should be tour; easy man to cheer on and wish well. Footwork definitely looking at least marginally better than it was during his last international stint too.

Zinzan

I've always liked Fulton anyway even though I don't think he should be tour; easy man to cheer on and wish well. Footwork definitely looking at least marginally better than it was during his last international stint too.
Really? My immediately thought was that his footwork (or lack of it) was exactly the same as I remember.