• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Seriously though whoever decided that Munro was good enough to play test cricket deserves to lose their job, worst test selection I've seen New Zealand make in the past few years and their have been plenty.
It's almost like they just picked him by looking through some scorecards on cricinfo.

BJ :(

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
One and only test?

Seriously though whoever decided that Munro was good enough to play test cricket deserves to lose their job, worst test selection I've seen New Zealand make in the past few years and their have been plenty.
Seems strange or wrong but he's made big scores in domestic cricket this season, and he wouldn't have played if Franklin didn't get injured anyway. He's been exposed as being not up to it so, as the wise Mitchell and Webb once said, 'now we know'.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
One and only test?

They never intended him to play in the tests . He was selected for the T20's but then Fulton got injured, so he was drafted in as cover, and then Franklin got injured too so they had no other option. Just bad luck really.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Munro is actually fantastic against pace, his innings was just cruelly cut short by a ripping delivery and a bit of bad luck. Look at those other four balls he faced - left two, hit one for four, defended one off the middle. Good signs. Good strike rate. Kwality.

Has never faced a spinner at any level of cricket before though.

jcas0167

International Debutant
One and only test?

Worse than Arnel over Boult vs SA or Ingram ahead of Vincent against Aus?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Munro is actually fantastic against pace, his innings was just cruelly cut short by a ripping delivery and a bit of bad luck. Look at those other four balls he faced - left two, hit one for four, defended one off the middle. Good signs. Good strike rate. Kwality.

Has never faced a spinner at any level of cricket before though.
People who want him to get another test
Strawman
Jcas

People who don't
Howsie

Howsie

International Captain
They never intended him to play in the tests . He was selected for the T20's but then Fulton got injured, so he was drafted in as cover, and then Franklin got injured too so they had no other option. Just bad luck really.
So why did he get the call up when Fulton went down?