• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Beleg

International Regular
my question to kiwi fans - what are the chances of the following line-up taking the field against England?

Flynn
Guptill (?)
Ryder
Taylor
Brownlee
McCullum
Watling
Vettori
Southee
Bracewell
Boult

i know vettori might not recover in time but what about southee? and is ryder actually in the frame? would McCullum consider moving down the order?

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
my question to kiwi fans - what are the chances of the following line-up taking the field against England?

Flynn
Guptill (?)
Ryder
Taylor
Brownlee
McCullum
Watling
Vettori
Southee
Bracewell
Boult

i know vettori might not recover in time but what about southee? and is ryder actually in the frame? would McCullum consider moving down the order?
zilt

We will see
Guptill
McCullum
Williamson
Taylor
Flynn/Brownlie
Watling
Franklin
Bracewell
Patel
Southee
Boult

Taylor and Southee to probably return, Vettori maybe and Ryder depending on his next couple of PS matcbes. McCullum would move down if he could, but with Brownlie and Watling in form there is no room to slot Fulton in anymore. Off chance that Milne might make the squad as well

Last edited:

Meridio

International Regular
Kept very low, but think he should have been trying to play that with a straight bat. Poor tour for Williamson.

thierry henry

International Coach
Doull harsh there imo. Williamson is good at using his feet to get back and give himself room to force through the off-side. That kept very low. He could've lunged forward, missed it and been LBW.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Doull harsh there imo. Williamson is good at using his feet to get back and give himself room to force through the off-side. That kept very low. He could've lunged forward, missed it and been LBW.
Being bowled whilst attempting to cut a finger spinner trying to save (however nominally) a test is always a bad look.

Did keep very low, but strange thinking for the match situation is the charitable view.

thierry henry

International Coach
Being bowled whilst attempting to cut a finger spinner trying to save (however nominally) a test is always a bad look.

Did keep very low, but strange thinking for the match situation is the charitable view.
I could be mistaken but wasn't he trying to play it with a vertical bat though?

Cricketismylife

U19 12th Man
I genuinely believe the Bangladesh batting lineup could be better than this NZ one without Ross Taylor. When Mccullum is the best batsman in your team you know you are in trouble.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm just contemplating whether it would be fair to say that Taylor, Ryder, Vettori and Southee are NZ's 4 best Test players.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Probably the amount of balls Guptill faced rather than runs scored will get him in the England series. That and McCullum had a worse tour and Flynn just bagged a pair!

Mike5181

International Captain
Probably the amount of balls Guptill faced rather than runs scored will get him in the England series. That and McCullum had a worse tour and Flynn just bagged a pair!
McCullum averaged 60 balls an innings. He didn't score many runs, but he successfully did one of the jobs an opener has. Guptill scored less runs, and faced almost half the amount of balls.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
McCullum averaged 60 balls an innings. He didn't score many runs, but he successfully did one of the jobs an opener has. Guptill scored less runs, and faced almost half the amount of balls.
McCullum got out slogging in the 1st innings though. Guptill knicked out early, can happen but facing a ton of balls and then just giving it away is poor.

Last edited:

cricmahanty

School Boy/Girl Captain
I feel for Flynn though. I do rate him. The guy does have talent. And yet it almost never comes off. Even when it does, it is usually for a low-key 30 or 40. When he bats well, he looks so good (especially through the covers) but he somehow just seems to have a lack of the thing called application or concentration or both.

An ambitious attempt at a drive to a fullish wide ball while facing your first ball, and that too while being on a pair, can't really be explained otherwise.

A Kiwi version of Rohit Sharma, in my opinion.