• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
SA commentators:

"Every NZ batsman should bat 4-7"

"Besides Watling"

Would be a gun team

Watling
Watling
Watling
Brownlie
Williamson
McCullum
Guptill
Any NZ batsman that shows a smidgeon of promise down the order is immediately punished by being mooted as potential opener. Brownlie and Flynn too. In the paper the other day someone (Ian Snook I think) wanted to go the whole way and swap our 1,2,3 with our 4,5,6 :happy:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Whatever happened to Guptill's pull shot? He hit it so well but because he got out to it a few times early in his career he binned it, such a shame imo, loved watching him bang that out.
Nah don't reckon his pull shot was that good. Tended to duck his head down at the point of contact, and always hit it up, rather than rolling his wrists on it. Definitely something intl attacks can exploit easily, so he was right to put it away.
Yeah I remember this well. Problem was his pull/hook wasn't just slightly wrong - needed to be completely reworked as he could only swing from low to high and it was a physical impossibility from there to keep it down. So six or out. He did hit a few sixes though.

thierry henry

International Coach
Remember Guptill pulling Akhtar for an absolute monster 6 at Eden Park on Boxing Day 2010. Almost went completely out of the ground and the side boundaries are ok length there.

Mike5181

International Captain
I wish the commentators would shut up about McCullum's SR. It's about batting time and patience at the moment. Make the South African bowlers ****ing tired, and then cash in.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I find it weird that a cooking oil company is the major sponsor of a cricket series.

Last edited: