• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
All right, since it's obvious this series is being viewed as a trial for the next limited overs allrounder, to get this thread moving lets place our bets.
Wasn't a fan of Anderson's batting in that Seddon Park ton he made. Neesham's got more of a smooth and loose style, I expect him to get out lbw quite often, but his shotmaking at least looks the part a bit more.
Jimmy Neesham, Boundaries Compilation - YouTube

Munro scores 272/2 on his pull/hook shot when you search the vault btw, I was begrudgingly impressed. He'll have some special needs dismissals, but if this back foot power works in SA, then he gets on small grounds in NZ, he'll send shockwaves though CW with his batting record by the end of the England tour.

Anyway, I've got Neesham to have looked the best with the bat, but I think his bowling might get angled into the wheelhouse of good players a bit too predictably and get hit. The biggest threat I see is some tips from Bond getting Anderson swinging it back in consistently at good pace, which then wins the trial.

Flem274*

123/5
I really hope Munro trolls the South Africans into bowling short, because he is a million dollars on the back foot and through the legside. It's his stance imo that sets him up beautifully for those shots but at the same time makes his front foot offside play all about hand eye coordination (which is unlikely to work at this level).

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
No, a bit of a dishevelled student flat in defence tbh. As it would need to be, when you're averaging 23 in NZ FC cricket despite your shotmaking and timing being that good. Gets ribbed as the pioneer of the 'attack watchman' role by his captain etc.

Last edited:

Tricia McMillan

U19 Captain
Very interesting technique. Little to no footwork, quick bat speed and makes it look effortless and easy, like he's swatting away a pesky fly.

Flem274*

123/5
Pick Wheeler, or is he injured as well?

Fact: Mitch M hasn't been injured since his diet change to food that would make Phlegm commit suicide (no bread?!?!).

All NZ bowlers should exist on broccoli.:ph34r:

edit: you guys need to make sure i haven't missed anyone in the new sig btw.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Oh well, puts to bed the controversy about whether he would be vice captain :ph34r:

Poor Gillespie - he probably would have been back in the test squad. Has Wagner got back to his old pace?

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh ffs.

I guess that means old man river will walk back into the team.
No, the whole drive is to make the team more brazen and alpha, McCullum and Hesson to actually have much less time for a guy who can't bat, field and biked to practice when he was 25 than Taylor.

I think the ever-improving Otago spearhead Neil Wagner is now bound to play. No he is, he's getting that seam a bit closer to some swing, aggression, 144kph and two dents on Cachopa's helmet within the last week, expressing himself with a few 60s with the bat.

Last edited:

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
No, the whole drive is to make the team more brazen and alpha, McCullum and Hesson to actually have much less time for a guy who can't bat, field and biked to practice when he was 25 than Taylor.

I think the ever-improving Otago spearhead Neil Wagner is now bound to play. No he is, he's getting that seam a bit closer to some swing, aggression, 144kph and two dents on Cachopa's helmet within the last week, expressing himself with a few 60s with the bat.
What are his instincts and positive intent like? They are important