• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Different types of players.

I can say the same for Phil Hughes. You don't have to look aesthetically pleasing to score runs. Both Hughes and Elgar know how to score runs and more importantly hundreds domestically and for the their 'A' teams.
Nah it's nothing about aesthetics, Elgar just doesn't have a technique which will hold up. Hughes didn't have a technique which could hold up and get found out. Elgar looks junk. And it's not because he's ugly on the eye, it's just he doesn't have a technique which can be successful long term in test cricket.

SeamUp

International Coach
Nah it's nothing about aesthetics, Elgar just doesn't have a technique which will hold up. Hughes didn't have a technique which could hold up and get found out. Elgar looks junk. And it's not because he's ugly on the eye, it's just he doesn't have a technique which can be successful long term in test cricket.
Lets see then. I'm not saying he will make it or whether Hughes will but a I bet they have a good chance of having decentish test careers. Whether not it happens, time will onlym tell.

Flametree

International 12th Man
So Munro had bowled 5 or so overs, taken about 2-15, hard to get away, frustrating Elgar in particular. So what do we think of McCullum's decision to take him off so Wagner can bounce Steyn?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
So Munro had bowled 5 or so overs, taken about 2-15, hard to get away, frustrating Elgar in particular. So what do we think of McCullum's decision to take him off so Wagner can bounce Steyn?
Steyn has never faced a 135kph bowler before?

The bouncer blitz from Wagner in the nets must have been a terrifying proposition. McCullum probably was slogging Neil after a couple of a sighters.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Steyn has never faced a 135kph bowler before?

The bouncer blitz from Wagner in the nets must have been a terrifying proposition. McCullum probably was slogging Neil after a couple of a sighters.
Nah, McCullum's got pretty dreadful backfoot technique. A couple of 135k bouncers would probably be enough to have him convinced that Wagner was the next Ambrose.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Have to feel for NZ, toiling like this and knowing that their chances of winning are pretty much gone can't be easy, southee missing is clearly a massive blow as he's the one who can snatch a wicket out of nowhere, in turn that gives the likes of Boult and Bracewell confidence and the attack looks like a different animal,

To make a game of this NZ will need at least 430 by the first hour on day four, then have one hell of a spell with the ball and hopefully chase 240 an our before lunch on day five, not gonna happen but hey it's a funny old game this cricket.

NickDB

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Personally I agree with you, but in the back of my mind is that the same was said about Amla when he started.