• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Flametree

International 12th Man
While I think Wagner is simply not good enough... cricket is such a cruel game, when batsmen play **** shots like that one from Elgar and get four runs for it... and Wagner is watching his career end before his eyes.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've only watched since lunch, but I haven't seen too many short balls to Elgar, which looks to be a glaring weakness in his game. Did they try and fail early? Looks a bit too friendly here....

Though I guess it's not like NZ have a lot of bowlers who can hurry a player consistently.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I've only watched since lunch, but I haven't seen too many short balls to Elgar, which looks to be a glaring weakness in his game. Did they try and fail early? Looks a bit too friendly here....

Though I guess it's not like NZ have a lot of bowlers who can hurry a player consistently.
Wagner tried but was pulled to the boundary but most of the bowling Elgar has faced has been Patel and Munro.

SeamUp

International Coach
Elgar has mainly faced Bracewell, Wagner & Patel.

Elgar is very good on the short ball and has punished Bracewell & Wagner this innings with pull shots or ducked under. He likes to attack spin as well.

Area, you want to bowl to Deano is full and angling across him early in his innings. When he gets in, its not so much a weakness anymore.

thierry henry

International Coach
Standing flat-footed and prodding without middling anything seems to be his go. But whatever, probably better than any of ours.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Elgar has mainly faced Bracewell, Wagner & Patel.

Elgar is very good on the short ball and has punished Bracewell & Wagner this innings with pull shots or ducked under. He likes to attack spin as well.

Area, you want to bowl to Deano is full and angling across him early in his innings. When he gets in, its not so much a weakness anymore.
This has to be a joke right? Looked like a deer in the head lights in Australia.

SeamUp

International Coach
This has to be a joke right? Looked like a deer in the head lights in Australia.
It was nerves. I have seen him domestically for quite some time. Sits deep in his crease with his weight on the back-foot so latches on to the pull shoot quite quickly when he watns to play it.

Mitch bitch with his catapault action at his beloved WACA can be tough for many new left-handed batsman.

thierry henry

International Coach
It was nerves. I have seen him domestically for quite some time. Sits deep in his crease with his weight on the back-foot so latches on to the pull shoot quite quickly when he watns to play it.

Mitch bitch with his catapault action at his beloved WACA can be tough for many new left-handed batsman.
Does he ever move his feet? Watching closely and his shot to anything fullish and wide is seriously to stand completely still and poke

SeamUp

International Coach
Doesn't look test quality to me.

Faf on the other hand looks like he's been doing it for years.
Different types of players.

I can say the same for Phil Hughes. You don't have to look aesthetically pleasing to score runs. Both Hughes and Elgar know how to score runs and more importantly hundreds domestically and for the their 'A' teams.