• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Meridio

International Regular
Better bowling so far this morning, though we haven't really looked all that threatening. Hopefully we can keep SA under 400.

BeeGee

International Captain
So no review for catches off the batsman's glove, but they do review when the ball hits the pad a foot outside off.

BeeGee

International Captain
McCullum's captaincy had better improve pretty quickly, because so far I've been very unimpressed. Rather amateurish.

jcas0167

International Debutant
They can't look for a signal from someone watching it in the dressing room? I'm guessing that isn't allowed? I would prefer them to be allowed at least 5 reviews - it's so crucial and the human eye is too unreliable.

Last edited:

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
They can't look for a signal from someone watching it in the dressing room? I'm guessing that isn't allowed? I would prefer them to be allowed at least 5 reviews - it's so crucial and the human eye is too unreliable.
that would be terribad, the play would be stopped every time someones uncles cat disliked a call

BeeGee

International Captain
As soon as Boult and Bracewell finish their spells and the second string bowlers come on, off goes the pressure and up goes the RR.

jcas0167

International Debutant
They're on the field ffs. They should be able to tell.
In some cases, but a) it often happens too fast to be sure b) people aren't viewing it in line or are obscured, c) you get multiple sounds off bats & thigh pads. The tv viewer has the best evidence, which is why I'm always baffled by the reluctance to use it more (granted delays can be a problem, but I think 2 reviews isn't enough given the number of potential poor decisions).

thierry henry

International Coach
In some cases, but a) it often happens too fast to be sure b) people aren't viewing it in line or are obscured, c) you get multiple sounds off bats & thigh pads. The tv viewer has the best evidence, which is why I'm always baffled by the reluctance to use it more (granted delays can be a problem, but I think 2 reviews isn't enough given the number of potential poor decisions).
Was talking about an lbw missing by a foot tbh. No non-spaz bowler should be asking for a review there.