• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
If nothing else, I do appreciate that McCullum actually keeps 3 slips in place for longer than the first 5 overs.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Don't really see Amla sweep. NZ look a bowler short here.
Our last two test victories have involved playing either four seamers or five full-timers, but they're obsessed with trying to polish the turd that is our batting lineup so we always end up with three seamers and dan or jeets. Go figure.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
What's he saying? I see O'Brien has tweeted about it too.
he's all over the shop. But I think he's saying if nz had've reviewed the bracewell lbw they shouldn't lose a review if there's a no ball - it wouldn't be out - but no loss of review because the umpire should have called it.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
ffs these cricinfo posters are getting on my nerve, most of our frontline bowlers can bowl in excess of 140 when they chose to.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
now he's blabbing about how the third umpire should be able to intervene at any time and the DRS taken out of the players hands completely ignoring the amount of time it takes to work out if a mistake was made, in which several more deliveries could've already been bowled. Especially so with spinners. Should tell them to get some cricket web ****s in the box.

Last edited:

jcas0167

International Debutant
If nothing else, I do appreciate that McCullum actually keeps 3 slips in place for longer than the first 5 overs.
That is excellent. I remember in the Hamilton test last season against SA, Gillespie was on a roll and got the edge of de Villiers but there was no third slip! Turning point in that game.