• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Days of Grace

International Captain
If we are only 5 down after 80 overs, I'd be happy, tbh.

I'm quite excited over Munro's debut. His bowling will be no worse than Franklin's.

Picking this to be a much improved second test performance. Because that's the way we roll.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
If we are only 5 down after 80 overs, I'd be happy, tbh.

I'm quite excited over Munro's debut. His bowling will be no worse than Franklin's.

Picking this to be a much improved second test performance. Because that's the way we roll.
While his batting can't be any worse than Franklin's, his bowling certainly could be. Franklin's height and gentle swing still makes a slightly tougher proposition than his 120k pies have any right to be.

Anyway, because everyone is now expecting us to put in an improved performance, I'm predicting that we'll defy expectation once again and get completely stuffed, losing by an innings and 200.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ok fellas, time to start getting a bit excited. Weather looks pretty good overall for the 5 days with just a few scattered showers forecast for day 1.

Sounds like the XI will be....

McCullum
Flynn
Williamson
Brownlie
Guptill
Watling
Munro
Bracewell
Wagner
Patel
Boult

B Martin 12th man

Which means Munro and Williamson may need to send a few overs down.

;

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Saw that batting coach Bob Carter has expressed that he has complete confidence in Guptill as an opener. Make of that what you will.

Marius

International Debutant
Bowling first. Not a bad result.
And PE has been a bit of a hoodoo ground for South Africa (not that they have played many Tests there in the past decade though to be fair).

Three South African born players in the NZ side too.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
And PE has been a bit of a hoodoo ground for South Africa (not that they have played many Tests there though to be fair).

Three South African born players in the NZ side too.
Yeah, though Wagner is the only cricketing opportunist, the other two came over in their younger years and played for the NZ u19's.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Doull having a massive go at Patel.
He's just pissed off that no one bothered to read his column that called for Bartin's selection (called him an aggressive attacking spin bowler - would he ever actually have seen him bowl in a Plunket Shield match? doubt it)..

centurymaker

International Captain
Doull having a massive go at Patel.
jeets to take 4+ wickets and make the **** eat his words.

not to mention a 30+ score in the 1st innings to go with it..

Am I the only one thinking that NZ have a chance of winning this game, now that they are bowling first.

get SA around 250 and you never know..

Marius

International Debutant
Yeah, though Wagner is the only cricketing opportunist, the other two came over in their younger years and played for the NZ u19's.
Yeah, I know.

Just interesting.

Says things about the size of the South African diaspora and NZ's cricketing depth I think.

thierry henry

International Coach
He's just pissed off that no one bothered to read his column that called for Bartin's selection (called him an aggressive attacking spin bowler - would he ever actually have seen him bowl in a Plunket Shield match? doubt it)..
Probably played with him tbh