Cricket Player Manager
Page 120 of 284 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 4246

Thread: **Official** New Zealand in South Africa

  1. #1786
    U19 12th Man Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    250
    God this is horrible. The last 2 months has been a shambles and so many are to blame it's not funny.

    Martin bowling at 120ks is a joke.

  2. #1787
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Swimming in the cry water of Antarctica
    Posts
    29,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5181 View Post
    Who would you replace him with? Wagner could probably last just as long with the bat.
    Munro might have earned the right to be aggressive.

    Is a miraculous return from Taylor and Ryder too much to hope for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

  3. #1788
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Swimming in the cry water of Antarctica
    Posts
    29,477
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    I would like to see Neesham come in for Franklin.
    Not in the squad. Probably not ready either.

  4. #1789
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    44,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Is a miraculous return from Taylor and Ryder too much to hope for?
    Yes FFS. It's not gonna happen. This is what you've got. And given that, Franklin should get the series, and then probably never play again.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 02-01-2013 at 06:41 PM.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

    Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.



  5. #1790
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Swimming in the cry water of Antarctica
    Posts
    29,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    God this is horrible. The last 2 months has been a shambles and so many are to blame it's not funny.

    Martin bowling at 120ks is a joke.
    Clutching at straws I know but the radar might be a tad on the slow side. The first overs of both Philander and Steyn were mid 120s and Steyn infrequently hit 140kph for the rest of our very short innings.

  6. #1791
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Swimming in the cry water of Antarctica
    Posts
    29,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Yes FFS. It's not gonna happen. This is what you've got. And given that, Franklin should get the series, and then probably never played again.

  7. #1792
    International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    City of Sails
    Posts
    4,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Clutching at straws I know but the radar might be a tad on the slow side. The first overs of both Philander and Steyn were mid 120s and Steyn infrequently hit 140kph for the rest of our very short innings.
    Morkel hit 145 quite a few times in his first over tbf.

  8. #1793
    International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    l
    Posts
    6,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Munro might have earned the right to be aggressive.
    I find it amusing that Howsie managed to not rant and say something hopeful about Franklin in the leadup to this test, because the alternative is Munro

  9. #1794
    International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    City of Sails
    Posts
    4,232

  10. #1795
    U19 Cricketer KungFu_Kallis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kiwiland
    Posts
    464

  11. #1796
    International Debutant ohnoitsyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    #63NotOut
    Posts
    2,741
    im sure looking forward to Crowe's next article.

    Flynn should be promoted to 3, he only got out because of the Phantom at the other end , and its not as if he would face any less of the new ball at 5

  12. #1797
    International Debutant Briony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Twilight Zone
    Posts
    2,081
    Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    If you lose the toss as a captain you always claim that you were going to do what you end up doing anyway. So I don't think those words count for much.
    Smith said he was undecided. The day before he said he might bat but acknowledged that batting would be tough during the first session.

    Also don't see this compulsion to bat first because it shows guts or is the sort of thing you do. If bowling first best utilises whatever weapons you have surely you do it. Can never understand the mentality of batting first because of what might happen on day five yet the day one conditions are such that day five might become irrelevant.

  13. #1798
    International Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5181 View Post
    Certainly, South Africa's formidably strong, and complementary, quick bowlers, Dale Steyn, Vernon Philander and Morne Morkel, can, and have, made life difficult for the best batting lineups.
    Eight commas in a single sentence. Impressive.

  14. #1799
    International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    away from the palms
    Posts
    6,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Briony View Post
    Smith said he was undecided. The day before he said he might bat but acknowledged that batting would be tough during the first session.

    Also don't see this compulsion to bat first because it shows guts or is the sort of thing you do. If bowling first best utilises whatever weapons you have surely you do it. Can never understand the mentality of batting first because of what might happen on day five yet the day one conditions are such that day five might become irrelevant.

    RE Smith's comments - I think he was basically sugarcoating the fact that it wouldn't really matter either way. His team is that good and we're that bad.

    The bolded is especially true when you're NZ.
    Exit pursuing a beer

  15. #1800
    U19 Cricketer KungFu_Kallis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kiwiland
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by Briony View Post

    Also don't see this compulsion to bat first because it shows guts or is the sort of thing you do. If bowling first best utilises whatever weapons you have surely you do it. Can never understand the mentality of batting first because of what might happen on day five yet the day one conditions are such that day five might become irrelevant.
    +1

    Uncanny how often you hear "a good toss to lose". Because it would be a "bad toss to win" if you had to be "positive" and bat first on a green tinged pitch.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Group A - South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France
    By James in forum 2010 Football World Cup - South Africa
    Replies: 322
    Last Post: 24-06-2010, 06:48 AM
  2. India v South Africa Tests
    By James in forum Fantasy Cricket
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 06:22 PM
  3. South Africa v England Twenty20s
    By James in forum Fantasy Cricket
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 08:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •